CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

I can only hope the music is at least as good as Children of Dune's. I've actually never seen the mini series but own the soundtrack, it's pretty killer. Probably too good for a syfy show lol (even though they have brought us the Battlestar Galactica remake - there are always exceptions, i guess).

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

@Elessar You must see Children of Dune. It's really great. It's nothing like Dune mini or Lynch movie. It's very emotional and the score fits it.

Yeah, Arrival of Lady Jessica is my favorite. Also, Inama Nushif (they bothered to create a song in Chakobsa :cloud9:) , House Atredis theme, Summon the Worms (probably the most famous track), farewell. So many.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Elessar said:

I can only hope the music is at least as good as Children of Dune's. I've actually never seen the mini series but own the soundtrack, it's pretty killer. Probably too good for a syfy show lol (even though they have brought us the Battlestar Galactica remake - there are always exceptions, i guess).

It's pretty good too, possibly the best thing SyFy ever aired - after BSG of course.

• Like 1

Agreed.

I liked it that actors were largely unknown to me save McAvoy who was already Professorr X when I saw the mini. easier to buy characters. I really liked the actress who played Alia. Such a tough role to pull off. I think I only didn't like the guy they cast as Duncan. What a wet towel. 

Edited by Valonqar

6 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Agreed.

I liked it that actors were largely unknown to me save McAvoy who was already Professorr X when I saw the mini. easier to buy characters. I really liked the actress who played Alia. Such a tough role to pull off. I think I only didn't like the guy they cast as Duncan. What a wet towel. 

McAvoy at that age actually had the perfect look and pose for playing Paul Atreides

That’s Timothée Chalamet playing protagonist Paul Atreides, balancing on an airborne ornithopter, flying over the expanse of the planet Arrakis with Josh Brolin’s weapons teacher Gurney Halleck – and it’s a pivotal moment for the young warrior. “It’s Paul’s first contact with the deep desert, where he’s mesmerised by it,” Villeneuve tells Empire. “He has a strange feeling of being home. There’s a lot of action at this specific moment, and [it’s] one of the scenes in the movie that I’m starting to get pretty proud of.”

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 2