CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

May be premature in this case (and I hope it is) but God how I wish studios and filmmakers would get rid of the notion that "serious"/updated handling of genre material requires making it look as grey as possible. 

That shot's not Arrakis though

yeah, my thought exactly. They may be using different light for different planets. 

I like this shot because Calandan is supposed to be saturated with moisture. You can feel in in the grayness of the air/image which I think is perfect.  OTOH, I'm sure dryness of Arakis will be contrasted with different corol shceme. Relentelss sun. relentless sand. no moisture.

C'mon people, read the book and you'll get what they are trying to do. of course, if Arakis appears grey I'll eat crow pie.

Edited by Valonqar

:rolleyes:

is it really possible that nobody notices lake/sea/river behind Chalamet? IT"S NOT THE DESERT PLANET!!!!! 

There are several planets in the movie/book. Only one is desert planet. This is not Arakis. This is Caladan, a "water" planet. It should not be shot in the same way as Arakis. I bet that Geidi Prime (Harkonnen Homeworld), Salusa Secundus (Sardaukar training ground)  and kaitain (imperial capital) will all look different.