CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

Why'd WB put this out of competition at TIFF when Clifford is in competition?

Edit: Wait, is Dune even premiering there anymore? Not mentioned on the TIFF site and there's been rumors of distributors pulling films from this year's fest due to the digital screenings.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Looking forward to this but I absolutely think WB are taking a bath box-office wise. Yeah hype is tangibly higher than BR2049 but that means bugger all.

More than happy to be wrong on that.

Edited by Hatebox

37 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why'd WB put this out of competition at TIFF when Clifford is in competition?

Edit: Wait, is Dune even premiering there anymore? Not mentioned on the TIFF site and there's been rumors of distributors pulling films from this year's fest due to the digital screenings.

Venice. It premieres in Venice out of competition. I know, those 2 festivals are close so easy to mix them up. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Dune: Part 1... oooh boy, this could be embarrassing. Unless WB commits to make the second film no matter what, which I would madly respect.

Well if they put Part 1 on the screen title maybe WB already commits with the second.

I honestly doubt Villeneuve would change from riot to silently accept the HBO Max release without some guarantee that he can finish the project.

• Like 2