CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

18 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Great trailer and great reactions all over the internet.

This is not going to bomb, i'm not expecting huge numbers considering the new variant and HBO Max, but it is going to do well. This trailer not only is acessible for GP, but also screams "see it in theaters", and have enough action, romance, even some jokes. 

The BR2049 comparissons should die here, these movies aren't similar at all.

Why would it do well? Especially overseas where Sci fi without a big star doesn’t sell well

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Zendaya has a really pleasant voice. I like her voiceover. I'm usually not big on voiceovers but this was easy on ears. Really nice.:)

She is great addition to cast. But if I have to guess she doesn't have a big role in first one, right? 

37 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Zendaya has a really pleasant voice. I like her voiceover. I'm usually not big on voiceovers but this was easy on ears. Really nice.:)

You'll LOVE Euphoria then. Every episode is narrated by her and each episode explores the backstory of a different character.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

She is great addition to cast. But if I have to guess she doesn't have a big role in first one, right? 

Going by this trailer alone, they already seem to have expanded Chani's role from the books.

Lady Jessica OTOH. She's technically the main character along with Paul but these trailers make her seem like Veiled Background Lady.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

You'll LOVE Euphoria then. Every episode is narrated by her and each episode explores the backstory of a different character.

:bravo:

13 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Going by this trailer alone, they already seem to have expanded Chani's role from the books.

Lady Jessica OTOH. She's technically the main character along with Paul but these trailers make her seem like Veiled Background Lady.

They really didn't. Not a plot spoiler but to be safe:

She briefly appears in the prologue which she narrates (confirmed at the IMAX event). Maybe few more brief visions/dreams scattered here and there. Then she is with the Sietch Tabr like in the book. Movie ends before the time jump. They didn't put her in events of the movie where she didn't appear in the book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

The BR2049 comparissons should die here, these movies aren't similar at all.

Of course they’re similar. 

Huge budget late sequels to niche sci films from decades ago. From the same studio. With similar release dates. 

I’ve never seen Dune so I didn’t know what was going on really but the trailer makes it feel like an event.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Elessar said:

For those whom youtube is not good enough, the 1080p source file from Apple...

https://movietrailers.apple.com/movies/wb/dune/dune-trailer-2_h1080p.mov

And for those who can't take anything but the best available, here it is in 4k.

https://thedigitaltheater.com/forums/topic/dune-2020-4k-hd-5-1-lossless-trailer/

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Of course they’re similar. 

Huge budget late sequels to niche sci films from decades ago. From the same studio. With similar release dates. 

I’ve never seen Dune so I didn’t know what was going on really but the trailer makes it feel like an event.

This isn't a sequel.