CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Of course they’re similar. 

Huge budget late sequels to niche sci films from decades ago. From the same studio. With similar release dates. 

I’ve never seen Dune so I didn’t know what was going on really but the trailer makes it feel like an event.

Whoops and same director lol

I just don't see what, aside from star power, the hook is for people who don't already know what Dune is.

Especially because they are not telling the audience in advance it's a part 1.

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Of course they’re similar. 

Huge budget late sequels to niche sci films from decades ago. From the same studio. With similar release dates. 

I’ve never seen Dune so I didn’t know what was going on really but the trailer makes it feel like an event.

Technically this is a remake and not a sequel, but yes.

Edited by SpiderByte

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I just don't see what, aside from star power, the hook is for people who don't already know what Dune is.

I'm hoping the hook is something new...ish

This looks really epic, got me so much more excited than the last trailer. Obviously that end shot is iffy but man this got me hyped. 

My thoughts on the look of the film, because that's what seems to be divisive from general reactions. You have MCU flatness where the image just has no texture to it and very uniform but Dune's look seems so purposeful and powered by intent. It's a very distinct image which I think is more important than being colourful and I feel as though it's going to suit the tone of the film. 

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

It’s a sci-fi epic from an acclaimed filmmaker. 

35 minutes ago, jason1230 said:

Trailer views is not looking good, close to 3M after 12 hours from both YouTube and Twitter. Way behind from the first one. 

90% of movies have the first trailer as the most successful online

The views for this are in line with other big movies on second trailer

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s a sci-fi epic from an acclaimed filmmaker. 

Denis Villeneuve is incredibly talented but his box office draw history is...eh. There's a reason I keep bringing up his Blade Runner. He's not like Ridley Scott. Part 2 is far from a guarantee right now.

Edited by SpiderByte

40 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Denis Villeneuve is incredibly talented but his box office draw history is...eh. There's a reason I keep bringing up his Blade Runner. He's not like Ridley Scott. Part 2 is far from a guarantee right now.

His boxoffice history is good. You keep bringing up a R-rated sequel to a boxoffice flop (that was made by Ridley Scott, who has also had his fair share of other flops so not sure why you're bringing him) which is kinda unfair, espescially when it did fine for the kind of film it was. Arrival and Prisoners were hit and Sicario did ok.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1