CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

7 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

It is amazing all these can be easily solved if WB willing to put a price tag to Dune , instead of offering it like a free by-product on HBO max. They may have sign with theater or star for whatever deal but they certainly didn't sign on to give out Dune like a charity event. 

I don’t get what you guys don’t understand though? WB had no say in this, AT&T forced this on them before they decided to spin off WM( to try and boost max subs and drive their stock price). I’m not disagreeing the decision was dumb but to constantly see posts about WB being stupid or whatever is just boring already when they had no say in this matter. 

I know it’s frustrating for people who are excited for the movie cause you want to see It do well in the box office, I get it, I feel the same way about TSS but what’s done is done.

25 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I don’t get what you guys don’t understand though? WB had no say in this, AT&T forced this on them before they decided to spin off WM( to try and boost max subs and drive their stock price). I’m not disagreeing the decision was dumb but to constantly see posts about WB being stupid or whatever is just boring already when they had no say in this matter. 

I know it’s frustrating for people who are excited for the movie cause you want to see It do well in the box office, I get it, I feel the same way about TSS but what’s done is done.

worth noting...

"Under the WarnerMedia plan, HBO Max will pay Warner Bros. a licensing fee for the 31-day concurrent rights. The fee will be equal to the studio’s portion of ticket sales in the United States. "

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/07/business/media/warner-bros-hbo-max-movies-pay.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, antovolk said:

worth noting...

"Under the WarnerMedia plan, HBO Max will pay Warner Bros. a licensing fee for the 31-day concurrent rights. The fee will be equal to the studio’s portion of ticket sales in the United States. "

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/07/business/media/warner-bros-hbo-max-movies-pay.html

Ya, I should of mentioned this also. We really have no idea what they are losing on these movies cause they’ll never disclose any info. 

Wonder how WB is going to explain the whole day and date thing at Cinemacon, considering how popular attacking it was at Sonys panel. Maybe they announce Dune and Matrix 4 are immune from the requirement and that they'll get an exclusive theatrical run before going to HBO Max?

Edited by SpiderByte

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Wonder how WB is going to explain the whole day and date thing at Cinemacon, considering how popular attacking it was at Sonys panel. Maybe they announce Dune and Matrix 4 are immune from the requirement and that they'll get an exclusive theatrical run before going to HBO Max?

Maybe give them Thursday preview exclusive?

34 minutes ago, RRA said:

Maybe give them Thursday preview exclusive?

Maybe. They're operating out of the toughest position because they committed to day and date for a full straight year, and Cinemacons patrons consider day and date (maybe rightfully?) an active threat to their livelihood

In a reasonable world, WB wouldn't have to explain anything. They are the leading studio at the 2021 domestic box office, no other studio made theater owners more money this year. The HBO Max hybrid releases have been nothing but good to theater owners, it provided them a steady slate of films while every other studio was unreliable, delaying their riskier films or shopping stuff around to the streamers. 

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Well if they want Dune on the Awards track they'll need it to with the DGAs new rules.

I mean I'm pretty sure if they need to, they'll do what Netflix does and put the movie out in 1 theater a week before release in order to make the movie eligible.

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Ideally they don't have to explain anything.

Everyone knows it's not Warner themselves which decided this shit, they was buyed and AT&T decide this, people need to accept and get over this.

Let's see if they are going to change anything (i doubt tbh), but their pannel is not long, probably gonna show some footages because the movies will be at theaters too and maybe some scenes of next year projects to avoid unreasonable people attacking them.

So Venom 2 looks good to move to 2022 which will significantly help Dune at the boxoffice. NTTD will be in its third week having burned most of its demand. Halloween Kills will drop after a week like all slasher horror. So stars are lining up for Dune. 🙏

Edited by Valonqar