CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

Seems like Anne Thompson from Indiewire has seen Dune. She put Dune as number 1 for BP on goldderby (she only lists movies she's seen). The only other potential Oscar contender she's seen so far is French Dispatch, so it doesn't mean much yet, but good sign. 

Fergurson (who I think is the most likely to get nominated out of all the actors) no. 2. Chalamet is no. 1 for actor but again, not a lot of competition for that category atm.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like Anne Thompson from Indiewire has seen Dune. She put Dune as number 1 for BP on goldderby (she only lists movies she's seen). The only other potential Oscar contender she's seen so far is French Dispatch, so it doesn't mean much yet, but good sign. 

Fergurson (who I think is the most likely to get nominated out of all the actors) no. 2. Chalamet is no. 1 for actor but again, not a lot of competition for that category atm.

Just a reminder that Anne Thompson specifically predicts only movies that she has seen. I've no doubt that Dune will be in Top 2 when all is said and done but Chalamet is likely going to drop once other heavyweights are seen. 

4 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

Yeah probably, I hope Isaac or Ferguson manage to get in somehow, I dunno how stacked the supporting categories are gonna be this year.

Stacked or not, those categories are traditionally eaiser to break into especially for roles that are essentially co-stars (see Davis in Fences, Waltz in IG and Django). At least Isaac could profit from banner year - Dune, Card Counter, HBO limited series (all three coming to Venice)

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1