CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

Well maybe this is the best time for me to vent. 😁 My local theater, and objectively the only theater even remotely close to me worth visiting (especially for something like Dune), shut down two weeks ago due to a catastrophic flooding in the city (apparently two months of rain in two hours). Water damage apparently fucked things up in there, so it had to close for "a while"... and well, it's still closed with no signs of when it might open up again. Dune is opening on the 15th, tickets in the country went on sale today, and here I am holding my breath that this damn theater will open up on time - as I watch the other worthwhile theaters get sold out (yay for Dune). I don't want to have to travel up to 4 hours to see this thing, but I will if this theater doesn't open. But then again I might not even get to make that choice, since I'm hesitant to commit and buy tickets. Bit of a catch-22, very lovely, very exciting.

From a once in a hundred year pandemic, to a once in... I dunno 30-50 year weather catastrophy in this location, they're really trying to get me not to see this thing.

• Sad 5

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Well maybe this is the best time for me to vent. 😁 My local theater, and objectively the only theater even remotely close to me worth visiting (especially for something like Dune), shut down two weeks ago due to a catastrophic flooding in the city (apparently two months of rain in two hours). Water damage apparently fucked things up in there, so it had to close for "a while"... and well, it's still closed with no signs of when it might open up again. Dune is opening on the 15th, tickets in the country went on sale today, and here I am holding my breath that this damn theater will open up on time - as I watch the other worthwhile theaters get sold out (yay for Dune). I don't want to have to travel up to 4 hours to see this thing, but I will if this theater doesn't open. But then again I might not even get to make that choice, since I'm hesitant to commit and buy tickets. Bit of a catch-22, very lovely, very exciting.

From a once in a hundred year pandemic, to a once in... I dunno 30-50 year weather catastrophy in this location, they're really trying to get me not to see this thing.

Just watch it on HBO Max like most people 

• Knock It Off 3

Yeah let's be clear, I can definitely see it in a theater, but unless that theater doesn't open or I decide not to travel 4 fucking hours for the movie, the "largest screen possible" will be supremely pathetic and practically make the endeavour pointless.