CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

9 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Remember, Blade Runner 2049 and Arrival didn't hit 90/100 on MTC. And I suggest people here lower your expectations even if Dune top both of the brilliant Villeneuve works. 

Unless things go south very soon, I predict a similar metacritic score to those films. Highest I can see right now is 85.

EDIT: Which by the way is a fucking amazing score.

Edited by Lucas

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

You didn't like it?

I know it’s not Dune’s fault since the novel has been strip-mined by so many things but a ponderous slow 160 minute setup movie going on and on about The One does not make for a great time at the ol cinema.

It’s very pretty though.

Edited by The Dark Shape
  • Sad 1

Wait, a Denis movie is slow paced? Nah for real though, the only thing I've been weary about - and what I hope won't be the case (though seen signs pointing in both directions) is if it's not layered enough with themes and ideas. If it's too empty and running mostly on the promise of substance in future films, it won't be for me.