CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

So we have these characters cast:

Lady Jessica

Rebecca%20Ferguson.jpg

Paul Atreides/Muad'dib

gettyimages-1078450212.jpg

Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Stellan_Skarsg%C3%A5rd.jpg

Beast Raban

Image result for dave bautista 200 x 200

Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

a5250e9c64b27e229f54b85df0437586.jpg

We need:

Duke Leto Atreides

Alia

Stilgar

Chani

Feyd-Rautha 

Padishah Shadam IV

Princess Irulan

Gurney Halleck

Duncan Idaho

Thufir Hawat

Shadout Mapes

Doctor Yueh

Piter de Vries

Liet-Kynes

Reverend Mother Ramallo

Jamis

Harrah (maybe but Jamis better be in cause that part is so emotional and super important for the Fremen portion of the story) 

Am I forgetting someone? 

Edited by Valonqar

14 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

If the film starts shooting in March, we should expect A LOT of updates from now til then. Perhaps a large press release announcing the casting of remaining major characters.

are they filming back to back or Part 1 first? In that case, they won't need all characters, especially the Fremen set and Alia, though I expect that cut off is meeting Stilgar. And, of course, they'll need Chani for Paul's dream.

Edited by Valonqar

One movie at a time, folks... you should feel lucky that this one is even going ahead.

Next up:

Kevin Hart cast as FEYD.

*Seriously, though...can't wait to see who's gonna have to live down Sting's..."performance." 😉

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

are they filming back to back or Part 1 first? In that case, they won't need all characters, especially the Fremen set and Alia, though I expect that cut off is meeting Stilgar. And, of course, they'll need Chani for Paul's dream.

If they follow the book, we meet Stilgar before that, when he is brought to Leto's presence by Duncan

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ah, yes, the dinner. 

No, that's Kynes. They meet Stilgar when he spits on the floor in the Arrakeen Palace, after one of his men was killed and Duncan had already spent some time with the Fremen

9 minutes ago, Merkel said:

No, that's Kynes. They meet Stilgar when he spits on the floor in the Arrakeen Palace, after one of his men was killed and Duncan had already spent some time with the Fremen

I thought that it happened before the dinner. I remember spitting (sign of great respect). I love that scene. Also when Lady Jessica gets the kryssknife. the friend of Jamis. and when Jessica asks Paul to just live happily with Chani and forget about Kwisatz Haderach business. Jessica and Stil are my faves. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I thought that it happened before the dinner. I remember spitting (sign of great respect). I love that scene. Also when Lady Jessica gets the kryssknife. the friend of Jamis. and when Jessica asks Paul to just live happily with Chani and forget about Kwisatz Haderach business. Jessica and Stil are my faves. 

I'm not sure if it is before or after the dinner, but that's Stilgar's introduction. I love the scenes you mentioned as well

16 minutes ago, Merkel said:

I'm not sure if it is before or after the dinner, but that's Stilgar's introduction. I love the scenes you mentioned as well

I think they will cut the Fenrings out cause that subplot goes nowhere. The daughter of Lady fenring and Feyd-Rautha plays no role in sequel books I read (Dune Messiah, Children of Dune) and is never mentioned again. And neither are the Fenrings. 

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Fenrings

2 at least appear in the 2008 book Paul of Dune, those 2 at least get banned in said book

I have not read it yet

If they start with the earlier books/times or add those later, than that family should be included for reasons e.g.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasimir_Fenring#Sandworms_of_Dune

I like Villeneuve alright but his movies are some of the most humorless that exist.

Is he even aware of the concept ?

Humour in French ?

Wonder what scale and budget they are gonna choose for this because a 200-250m+ spectacle with the tone of other Villeneuve's movies, well ... good luck with that, BR 2049 producers are still bleeding...

I mean you can't do Dune cheaply and small right ? like 150m ? 100m budget ?

Even the Lynch version had some humor .... it was batshit insane but sill a bit of fun.

I am not talking about making a Dune movie something too light/it s not but there s fine line to find between Villeneuve's Bleakness and over seriousness and Jurassic World/MCU movies/Aquaman.

Only Nolan seems to have found that balance and pulling it off in big blockbuster filmmaking.

And the Russos Bros of course.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

It’s too deep and philosophical for you :D

This was a very low and uncalled for insult, I'm no genius but I was always above average in school. This book was very popular, one of the best selling sci fi books of all time, it's certainly not something above my intelligence. I only started reading it, there's like more than 600 pages left. This was not a review, I was just telling you I started reading it yesterday and found it still confusing, with all the places and characters mentioned that make no sense to me yet. I don't know if I was once rude to you or something, if I was then I probably deserved this, but if I never said anything to you before I don't think it's very polite for you be insulting people like that. This is why people are leaving the internet.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This was a very low and uncalled for insult, I'm no genius but I was always above average in school. This book was very popular, one of the best selling sci fi books of all time, it's certainly not something above my intelligence. I only started reading it, there's like more than 600 pages left. This was not a review, I was just telling you I started reading it yesterday and found it still confusing, with all the places and characters mentioned that make no sense to me yet. I don't know if I was once rude to you or something, if I was then I probably deserved this, but if I never said anything to you before I don't think it's very polite for you be insulting people like that. This is why people are leaving the internet.

Hey, I'd probably be in the same boat as you if I tried to read Dune. First time I sat through Blade Runner 2049, I was lost.