CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

Although the basic plot is not particularly hard to follow, a the inner workings of the whole universe only become more apparent with subsequent readings. But once they get to Arrakis and the sense of the place begins to be conveyed, the book truly becomes wonderful. And once they meet the Fremen, it can get mesmerizing

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Is it confirmed WB is distributing this, or could Universal distribute it instead? Not sure what the relationship Legendary has with those companies is like

WB released Prisoners and Blade Runner 2049 so I imagine they would be completely on board with handling distribution rights for this.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I'm halfway through the book and I'm really loving it. It reminds me of Game of Thrones. Are the sequels worth buying?

Several of them, IMO, although they get progressively weirder. DUNE MESSIAH is the next book, followed by CHILDREN OF DUNE and the the truly nutso one, GOD EMPEROR OF DUNE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Is it confirmed WB is distributing this, or could Universal distribute it instead? Not sure what the relationship Legendary has with those companies is like

Legendary is cheating on Universal with her ex Warner Bros. Legendary and Universal have a toxic relationship.

20 hours ago, Napoleon said:

He also borrowed a lot from the Valerian comics.

Agree:

We have 2 omnibus volumes of Valerian (in German) in the school library I am running. There are really obvious examples for borrowed details in the intro of #1, the pupils are always a bit shocked to see how extreme this and that got copied

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Oscar Isaac was 16 when Timothee Chalamet was born, weird seeing him & Ferguson in the parental roles 

actors don't necessarily play their birth certificate ages. some appear younger, some older on screen. 

Oy, from Bale rumor to this try-hard. They couldn't find a shorter guy to play Tall Duke. At least shorty Cruise has star power unlike this one. 

@TMP Nicole Kidman is 6 years older than her "younger son" Patrick Wilson who's 6 years older than his "older brother" Jason Momoa. :lol:

Edited by Valonqar

Christian Bale rumor? Well he would’ve been better than this guy. I don’t know what to say about Oscar Isaac, he’s good but not amazing either.

12 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

You don’t need star power anymore. It’s a myth. Unless it’s the Rock audiences don’t really care

Not exactly. If someone like Leonardo DiCaprio or Matt Damon were cast as Duke Leto, people would’ve cared.

1 minute ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Christian Bale rumor? Well he would’ve been better than this guy. I don’t know what to say about Oscar Isaac, he’s good but not amazing either.

yeah, Bale was rumored since yesterday. It was a big overnight thing or something.

I don't get Isaac hype either. basic af, short af, no X Factor. Twitter and Tumblr obsession with him is a phenomenon I'll never understand. 

Yeah, this desperately needs star power (Stilgar?) cause it isn't accessible like LOTR so split doesn't guarantee that first movie will be big enough. I expect quite a budget for it.