CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

7 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

What does that have to do with anything? Does that mean you can't criticize any casting ever?

Again that is CBM fans complaining that "it doesn't look like in the comics!!!", an obviously stupid reaction that doesn't have anything to do with the adaptation of a novel.

Its the reasoning given in relation to the IMDb entries that seem to be very over the top. I am probably 3 to 4 times as old as Valonqar, if he thinks she is overexposed based in things he watches, I try to show how a person not growing up nowadays might see it.

Plus the red hair thing (her) is a look thing

I usually wait till I see what the cast does, can not remember ever having criticized a casting beside age (especially too high age difference between the male and female lead...), gender splits (equality), cliché (equality in presentation of ppl with different backgrounds), too one sided casting, you'll get the drift...

There is one living actor I can not watch as he makes me literally feeling ill, beside being face-blind. If he gets cast for a material I am interested in, I might complain for to have to miss the material.

Plus the idea a cast actor can not play a certain detail before having seen any of the material (if he gets cast) seems strange.

How often there was outcry for a casting and later on ppl can not even imagine another actor in that role

I do try to understand the POV of others in general, that is also a reason I ask / react, if a person complains about something I do not even understand the idea.

I was one of the few brave souls who endured Life Itself. And I can ensure you that Oscar Isaac, even as a douchebag asshole, was one of the few things that could be considered tolerable and entertaining. I barely know anything about Dune, but I do know that the dude's got talent and charisma, and he's working with better source material and a director whose delivered great performances out of actors before. He'll be fine.

Same thing here can be applied to Zendaya.

• Thanks 1

@terrestrial great post! :bravo:

@Alli Silver lining in any casting that one doesn't like is that if the movie fails, you won't be stressed out. Like, I was stressed out over Dune success/fail two days ago but now I'm not anymore. if it does well fine, if it doesn't do well fine too. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I am probably 3 to 4 times as old as Valonqar, if he thinks she is overexposed based in things he watches, I try to show how a person not growing up nowadays might see it.

Yeah I doubt the majority of a Dune Villeneuve movie audience know how she is, let alone think she is overexposed.

I mean she has been in 2 movie ever and small roles....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

@terrestrial great post! :bravo:

@Alli Silver lining in any casting that one doesn't like is that if the movie fails, you won't be stressed out. Like, I was stressed out over Dune success/fail two days ago but now I'm not anymore. if it does well fine, if it doesn't do well fine too.

At least with Dune, you know it is going to be a huge flop so you only have to worry about the quality. And I trust Villeneuve.

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Silver lining in any casting that one doesn't like is that if the movie fails, you won't be stressed out. Like, I was stressed out over Dune success/fail two days ago but now I'm not anymore. if it does well fine, if it doesn't do well fine too.

In your case its maybe also not as bad as both actors you are not so happy with, do not play the leading role (him being only in the 1st act) or play a role with not much ... impact (term?, I mean her)

14 hours ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, but they're probably waiting until they have some footage to go on to decide where they want to put it.

Will depend on post-production work length too.  At latest I’d think December 2021, earliest is probably October 2020

20 hours ago, TMP said:

Was thinking October 2020, but WB put The Witches there. Probably gonna take Fant4stic B3asts soon-to-be-freed spot of mid-nov. 2020

Definitely, I could see this fitting their big November blockbuster bill.

Edited by JGAR4LIFE
  • Like 1