CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

inside llewyn davis is still the best movie of the 2010s. only 11 months left for something to come along and beat it, though i do have faith in Sonic.

You'd rank it over The Social Network? 

Just now, Valonqar said:

OK, I'm done with peaking at 4chan for spoilers. They are claiming that Gosling is up for Feyd-Rautha. Time to stop wasting my time. seriously, Feyd is Paul's age. Rumor is BS. 

4chan is populated by a bunch of MAGA trolls, what did you expect? Legitimate scoops?

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

4chan is populated by a bunch of MAGA trolls, what did you expect? Legitimate scoops?

reddit posts 4chan leaks so I thought maybe they know something. like, anonymity could attract real leakers. but this Gosling thing is shitshow even by their standards of faking. 

• Knock It Off 1

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

OK, I'm done with peaking at 4chan for spoilers. They are claiming that Gosling is up for Feyd-Rautha. Time to stop wasting my time. seriously, Feyd is Paul's age. Rumor is BS. 

...this is what broke you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

reddit posts ...

You got me to find this link.

Might be helpful for casting descisions, even if they interpret the book description of Idaho not like I's so (see earlier desrption about 'dark' posts)

Is there a possibility to save the complete list? Usually I have no problems to do that for unknown to me reasons in this case I only get the first part.

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

"stereotypical old hag" 

Poor Charlotte Rampling :(

Good list though they won't stick to it cause movies usually don't. 

Aehm she plays Reverend Mother Mohiam, not Reverend Mother Ramallo

the comments on that list I'd ignore, its about the work to copy out al lot of the details given in the books into one place

They ignore usually a lot hence the idea to see it as a ~ support for the casting ideas and decisisons

18 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

reddit posts 4chan leaks so I thought maybe they know something. like, anonymity could attract real leakers. but this Gosling thing is shitshow even by their standards of faking. 

but the reddit guys don't know anything either, they're in the same boat as us, basically. The only guys who ever leak anything are at the very lowest level of production (or related companies), at best. PAs and runners who're goofball idiots and somehow think it's worth jeopardizing their gigs for some momentary internet coolness. :lol: Also, productions are semi-savvy at this point and put out their fair share of "fake information" as honeypots to trace potential leaks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

but the reddit guys don't know anything either, they're in the same boat as us, basically. The only guys who ever leak anything are at the very lowest level of production (or related companies), at best. PAs and runners who're goofball idiots and somehow think it's worth jeopardizing their gigs for some momentary internet coolness. :lol: Also, productions are semi-savvy at this point and put out their fair share of "fake information" as honeypots to trace potential leaks.

very true. that place is over-run with plants (studio bullshitters) and free-lance bullshitters (anyone who wants to troll spoilers hunters like me :lol:)

@terrestrial Good stuff!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The only guys who ever leak anything are at the very lowest level of production (or related companies), at best. PAs and runners who're goofball idiots and somehow think it's worth jeopardizing their gigs for some momentary internet coolness. :lol: Also, productions are semi-savvy at this point and put out their fair share of "fake information" as honeypots to trace potential leaks.

The ppl working on CGI too let too often details slip. Including allowing children/teens to watch it (I know how they do it too) ages before release in the belief a now 10-11 year old can 'shut it' about it.

I have a pupil who always tries to spoil me bcs of that (as he is so over the top happy to have already seen ... e.g. a movie out of the top 10 list of 2018)

He feels so cool he spoils it to his class mates too. I remind him at least twice per year about his TWO relatives can loose their jobs for that, works only for a few months.