CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/why-kyle-maclachlan-didnt-second-guess-capone-1294822?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR's Heat Vision_now_2020-05-15 14:22:06_acouch&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_heat_vision

I hate to be a cliché, but have you seen the recent photos from the new Dune movie yet?

Yes, I saw a shot of Timothée (Chalamet) walking along a beach, which I assume is Caladan. That’s what I’ve seen, yeah. I’m really looking forward to seeing the film. He’s a very good actor, and I’m looking forward to seeing what he does.

• Thanks 1

Kek, I've seen McLachlan version and while he was superior Paul to to the guy in Sy Fy mini, he was still too old for the part. Paul is 15 at the start of the story, about 18 at the end of the book. Timothee can pass for a teenager, not 15 but 18-19 is still solid. The whole point is that the character is very young.

5 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

To be fair it is easy for MacLachlan to be gracious, since he knows he will be the superior Paul.

Based on what? The new film having a director that consistently gets fantastic performances out of his actors, or the lead who's been consistently great these last few years?

[part 1] is 

a fully formed story in itself with places to go. It’s a fully standalone epic film that people will get a lot out of when they see it…

that sounds right. the book has several logical cut off points where you feel there's a conclusion but that the story still has places to go if it wants.