CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

So when does this get moved to literally anywhere else? No way WB cut its legs with Wonder Woman.

It should be put on HBO Max as a pilot to a web series. I mean I want to go back to the theater but Dune from the beginning would have been a better choice for a web/TV series like Game of Thrones rather than a theatrical franchise where the first film likely won’t make enough at the box office to continue the whole series

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

It should be put on HBO Max as a pilot to a web series. I mean I want to go back to the theater but Dune from the beginning would have been a better choice for a web/TV series like Game of Thrones rather than a theatrical franchise where the first film likely won’t make enough at the box office to continue the whole series

That isn't how pilots or TV works

It's probably going to March.

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I don't think you understand how TV show works or how HBO Max isn't going to help this movie at all. The movie will make more revenue with its current release date than a HBO Max release.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Dune absolutely fits the mold of a YA novel. I mean if this was written by a woman about a 15 year old girl, there'd be absolutely no question people would stick it in the YA genre. 

16 hours ago, Merkel said:

It is, at most, a coming-of-age novel. Its themes go well beyond the YA tropes

And it's themes have been around a long,long,long time before distopian YA novels became a big thing.

And DUne's charecters have much more depth then your typical YA novel.

And ,"Dune Messiah" the first "sequel" (there is strong evidence that Herbert wrote Messiah as the last part of Dune, and it was the publishers decision to split it off from the first novel) has a very dark ending,unlike a YA story.

5 minutes ago, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

Lmao this obviously isn’t coming out in December guys come on

And the big joke is I am betting that WW84 will end up moving again  to 2021 anyway.

Warners just seem uniwilling to accept reality:It's pretty much a given the cold wwather will lead to a big uptick in the virus numbers this winter.

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The fact that WB moved WW84 but not this would seem to suggest that they’re still holding out for the current release date, which is weird, because why then would they schedule the former to open a week after this?

I have given up trying to undersand Warner's release strategy. if the move is about the virus, whichit is, moving WW84 to december makes no sense, since the virus will probably be worse thanks to coldweather, in December then it is in November. And releases two huge movies a week apart would be a bad move even withour the virus situation.

IMHO they are just plain reluctant to give up on 2020, despite the fact that is what most studios seem to be doing.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Is the American government helping movie theatres? Cause if not what chance do theatres have in the States if no movies come out this year.

The National Association of Theater Owners (yes they’re called NATO. Yes I hate that too) has tried to put out a campaign to Congress (I gave my signature for that), but that’s about it. A combination of incompetency and frankly bigger fish to fry has made movie theaters unimportant to our government.

The only other hope are the studios, but they seem only vaguely concerned about theaters here. Which is weird, because aside from Disney, none of them have a compelling avenue to distribute their big flashy films, at least at the moment. You would think they would try and put the money up for theaters, and yet...

But hey, at least you guys will see things on the big screen a few weeks in advance while us Yanks are forced to pay $20-30 at home on these titles

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

The National Association of Theater Owners (yes they’re called NATO. Yes I hate that too) has tried to put out a campaign to Congress (I gave my signature for that), but that’s about it. A combination of incompetency and frankly bigger fish to fry has made movie theaters unimportant to our government.

The only other hope are the studios, but they seem only vaguely concerned about theaters here. Which is weird, because aside from Disney, none of them have a compelling avenue to distribute their big flashy films, at least at the moment. You would think they would try and put the money up for theaters, and yet...

But hey, at least you guys will see things on the big screen a few weeks in advance while us Yanks are forced to pay $20-30 at home on these title

No movie theatres or Restaurants(dining in) for my family and myself till at least mid 2021 so I’d prefer everything get delayed till next year but honestly I’m not sure what happens to theatres then and I’m not sure that’s fair to them either.

I understand a lot of places are doing much then the states and theatres are doing ok/fine in places but all the studios are just looking at the domestic box office right now.

It’s a tough situation all around and while I know most theatres are just big corporations I’m still sympathetic cause they all have employees who would be out of work.

Being a business owner myself I feel theatre owners pain as my business is completely fucked as well but in the end not much any of us can do and we just have to be thankful for our health and hope for the best. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

..... What are are we getting at here?

That the definition on what a YA novel even is, varies.

Including as per time, generation.... it varied to a degree too.

Some look for certain themes (like a check mark, no matter other details), others look for who it is aimed at / written for, and others look for what the perception is.

All of them are correct as the term is far more general as some seem to use it, interpret it.

Everyone who sees it as such is correct in the same way as people who disagree, as the novel has marks for and against being a YA novel. It depends in a big way how someone is used to evaluate a material for that detail.

• Like 1

As i was thinking about the move of Wonder Woman to Christmas Day i started to wonder, why didn't they movie it to the Dune spot and enjoy one extra week of holidays? Maybe, just maybe, WB isn't gonna move Dune and have both movies coexist, if the pandemic doesn't get worse that is.

Edited by Elessar