CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

On 9/10/2020 at 10:20 PM, Merkel said:

It is, at most, a coming-of-age novel. Its themes go well beyond the YA tropes

A lot of YA books have themes that go way beyond just tween romance. Something like The Hate U Give has heavy themes but is correctly categorized as YA still due to the age and relatability of the protagonist to the young adult audience (age 12-17) and the accessibility of the language/prose. Dune totally fits in that mold as well. I don't know why that's seen as such a stigma beyond the fact that it's associated with girls and female readers more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2020 at 11:09 AM, Elessar said:

As i was thinking about the move of Wonder Woman to Christmas Day i started to wonder, why didn't they movie it to the Dune spot and enjoy one extra week of holidays? Maybe, just maybe, WB isn't gonna move Dune and have both movies coexist, if the pandemic doesn't get worse that is.

Warneres will end up moving both movies to 2021 as far the US is concerned. The public health experts are taking a increase in Covid number due to cold weather this winter as a given.

I agree with Tele, WB for some reason is taking the bandaid off slowly rather then admit that major relases are almost certianly dead for 2020.

4 hours ago, Elessar said:

24 million views on the official youtube channel and counting. More than the Batman trailer for example. I guess that's not too bad...

Batman trailer is split across multiple videos.

If you search for "The Batman trailer", the official video (22m views) is third down. The top two videos from third party uploaders have 13m and 7m views, respectively. Whereas if you search for "Dune trailer", you only get the official video. The next video below that is the trailer for the 1984 film.

4 hours ago, Avatree said:

Batman trailer is split across multiple videos.

If you search for "The Batman trailer", the official video (22m views) is third down. The top two videos from third party uploaders have 13m and 7m views, respectively. Whereas if you search for "Dune trailer", you only get the official video. The next video below that is the trailer for the 1984 film.

I do not know why you do not see them, but there are lots of YT channels showing it. Big-ish (3 million) and ~ small (Dune trailer views over 100k) channels.

In addition there are quite some reaction and breakdown clips with over 100k views too, those might even have a bigger impact than the sole trailers (in general), at least for a part of the potential viewers..

Dune trailer is doing well for sure but it’s not even close to total views for Batman. Batman is double it on Twitter (Batman has nearly 25m on there) and also had 22-23m live views as well on Fandome day. There’s also reaction videos with a million views for Batman trailer. 

Either way, it doesn’t really matter, Dune is definitely doing well and better then I thought it would and it’s still a good sign it passed Batman on YouTube.