CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

Why couldn't they have done this a month later? It's happening near where my college is but I'm moving there next month.

Also, I just realized. it's interesting the twitter account (including the account's bio) doesn't mention HBO Max anywhere. All the other WB movie accounts explicitly say those movies will also be on HBO Max. Nothing on the website either.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

maybe they quietly dropped HBO Max? Didn't the Oscars make the hybrid releases ineligible for Director nomination or something?

They only need to release in 1 theater for a week to be eligible.

But i do think they will drop HBO Max for this one to give it a chance commercially. Probably they will put on HBO Max 30 days later or so like they're doing here in Brazil

On 7/13/2021 at 1:53 PM, Valonqar said:

maybe they quietly dropped HBO Max? Didn't the Oscars make the hybrid releases ineligible for Director nomination or something?

It's still listed on HBOMax on their "Same Day Premieres" page for coming in October, with the trailer. 

In theaters and HBO Max lol. I Ieally though they would give up on this

At least foreign countries will have theatrical exclusive windows, it's coming in September in some countries.

Here in Brazil will be one of the final countries to receive the movie and will still have 8 days of theatrical exclusive (with the possibility of some extra days for "previews").

I really hope they got 2-3 weeks of exclusivity on China. And that HBO Max don't kill it on US.

I wondering what deal they finish with Villeneuve to accept this, i hope it's guaranteeing the sequel unless it bombs like ITH (which i doubt).