CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

these Dunebros have posted script impressions from that YT video that WB took down.  while it isn't spoilery I put it in tags. Only one spoilery thing (the opening) is in additional tags. 

It’s not going to be even close to three hours. The script is 120-130 pages. They don’t need a runtime that long when they’re already giving him two movies for one book.

“All of my hopes for this movie were realized when I read this script. It all depends on the execution by Villeneuve, but I think this can be a billion dollar, worldwide hit. Reading this has made my anticipation jump 10,000 fold. By far my most anticipated film of the year.”

RBM directly compares it to The Crown, The Godfather and The Lord of the Rings, especially Fellowship. “When it ends you feel like ‘that was a very satisfying movie on its own, but I can’t wait to see the next part.’”

“All three of these guys (Roth, Villeneuve, Spaihts) did a fantastic job on this script. It’s very adult. They really go for it. It’s not dumbed down. It is very intellectual, although there are a lot of action scenes in it.”

“This script is fantastic. It’s a fantastic adaptation of the source material. This version of Dune completely expands all of the characters, and you learn far more about the world and universe than any previous adaptations. I was really taken aback by just how deep it goes.”

This draft is from September 24, 2018, approximately five months before principal photography began.

- The script spends a lot of time with the Lady Jessica and Paul Atreides together.

“It takes a page from The Lord of the Rings in its opening prologue. Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam (Charlotte Rampling) talking over a Bene Gesserit mosaic on a wall that morphs as she explains the universe of Dune. Similar to General Zod explaining Krypton to Clark in MoS.”

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 3

9 hours ago, TMP said:

Look, we all knew this film was gonna be good so those script impressions aren't surprising. It's all about whether it's a big hit or a huge bomb or something in between 

it has the advantage of being the only real spectacle during the holiday season. Also holiday legs. So at least dom should be better than BR2049. I've no clue what to expect OS. The book is more a cult thing than lets say LOTR which is widely read and popular. At least from what I've observed. 

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

it has the advantage of being the only real spectacle during the holiday season. Also holiday legs. So at least dom should be better than BR2049. I've no clue what to expect OS. The book is more a cult thing than lets say LOTR which is widely read and popular. At least from what I've observed. 

$300m dom/$1 B. imo

On 2/13/2020 at 1:35 AM, Valonqar said:

these Dunebros have posted script impressions from that YT video that WB took down.  while it isn't spoilery I put it in tags. Only one spoilery thing (the opening) is in additional tags. 

Reveal hidden contents

Did they forget that BR2049 shooting script was 108 pages long and the movie runs almost 3 hours without deleted scenes?

25 minutes ago, AJG said:

How long before this moves into 2021?

Soon. Staying on its current date is now a death sentence. It was not filmed in IMAX, so it will only get 5 days on IMAX and PLF before Top Gun 2. This will likely go to 2021 and Wonder Woman will take its date since WW84 is guaranteed 3 weeks of IMAX screens.