CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

Just now, TMP said:

Don't get why you're so gleefully campaigning for this movie to flop, lol. Did you really dislike Blade Runner 2049 that much?

I have mixed feelings about that movie. It's really cool and boring at the same time. 

DV is a good director but his work doesn't resonate much with public. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TMP said:

Stargate and Conan were both baby faced Bromoa's too

b15f254ea1a31444e7d1698962953375--starga

Thank you!

I think I should have worded it better, to me it looks like he is very clean shaven on that Dune picture, in Ronan he was shaven, but I feel (I do not really see it, its a question of color difference) like he is not ‘clean’ shaven in Conan, a little smudged maybe? 

As a face-blind person I use beards and hairs and glasses to remember people, so... I feel like he actually has a beard in SG:A 😉

1 hour ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

I would say that casting Zendaya was a specific choice meant as a way to widen the public, aiming for the female pre-teens that still make up the most of her fanbase. 

Chani is young so they were casting a young actress and Zendaya was the best choice. So lets say if they cast Saoirse Ronan that wouldn't count as widening the public? Zendaya stars on a TV show that isn't for children and pre-teens either. Drug usuage and male nudity ahoy. I'd say Momoa is more of a "broaden the adult audience" casting but he fits the character perfectly and I've no doubt he'll be a fan favorite.

Edited by Valonqar

2 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I have mixed feelings about that movie. It's really cool and boring at the same time. 

DV is a good director but his work doesn't resonate much with public. 

I was not the biggest fan of BR 2049 either but doesn't mean that I bash the guy every chance I get.

Your second sentence is also complete BS. Arrival and Prisoners did quite well for the kind of films they were. Hell, even Blade Runner 2049 did fine for the kind of film it was (could have done a lot worse like Doctor Sleep).

• Like 1

never change 4chan. Dune topic rankings by replies:

#3 Oh no no no Duke is a manlet! - 60 replies

#2 Oh no no no costumes are boring! - 192 replies

#1 Oh no no no Liet-Kynes is a woman! - 300+ replies

:rofl:

I knew it!

Edited by Valonqar

2 hours ago, TMP said:

0520-Dune-Ebmed-05.jpg

Man, I had to do a double take because I thought this was Antonio Banderas for a split second lol.

Anyways, all the photos rule, especially the photo with Oscar Isaac. Dude is rocking that beard and the heavy armor. 

Why are people so excited about this? I've tried to read the book in English several years ago but the start was pretty boring, I had to give up pretty fast. Now to be fair it's more about my lack of patience than the quality of books but still....

Maybe the book deserves another look, I don't know...or maybe Ill wait for the movie.

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Why are people so excited about this? I've tried to read the book in English several years ago but the start was pretty boring, I had to give up pretty fast. Now to be fair it's more about my lack of patience than the quality of books but still....

Maybe the book deserves another look, I don't know...or maybe Ill wait for the movie.

Everybody cast in the movie is very hot.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Great book, great director, great cast. What more do you need?

• Like 2

I’ve said this before but dune was my first movie going experience in theatres as a child and it was the worst experience ever. Me being 5 years old, sitting on the stairs cause they oversold tickets to the movie and I guess at that time it was fine lol, and the movie was boring as fuck(it’s been ingrained in my memory since that day).Probably wasn’t the best parental decision at the time for them to take my brothers and I to this.

With that said, I’ve never read the books and I’ve heard they’re good so I’m excited to see how this turns out cause of the cast and the director. 

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Dune has an incredibly hardcore fanbase. The general synopsis of the novel reflects this young millennia in ways that not many other popular novels were able to achieve. I tried to read Lord of the Rings and found it boring, but that doesn't mean many people share my sentiments. I suppose it comes down to the attraction of the universe that the novel builds in relation to its audience. I find Frank's vision far more tangible and attractive than anything in LOTR. I'm not saying one is better than the other. It's really apples and oranges.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1