CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Let me know when Villeneuve delivers critical and commercial successes consecutively like Nolan has been doing since the last decade.

In terms of critical acclaim they are level, if that's what so important to you.

Maybe if Villeneuve had done Batman he would have been able to attract a bigger mainstream following, too.

In the end, it's a personal opinion and no numbers on RT or box office can sway that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

There's so much negativity here, it's bizarre, honestly

That’s just the world we live in today. Wether it’s DC vs Marvel, or this director vs another, people always need to throw in their 2 cents just cause they can. If people would only realize that sometimes it’s just better not to say anything at all if you don’t like something our world would be so much nicer/better. Social media has brought negativity to another level. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I thought this was an ensemble sci-fi story, not a "chosen one" thing. That said, pretty great shots and design and I love Denis. We shall see. I wish the trailer focused less on Chalamet and more on the larger story - didn't really sell that this is a big new thing to a general audience. 

You take that back!

Anyways, finally saw it, and I dig a lot of it here. Especially Timothee's hair. At least they got the eye candy right

23 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The trailer seems to be faring pretty well. I know that’s not the best indicator of how well a movie will do, but for a movie like this, that’s got to count for something. 

Yeah, I was expecting the trailer to bring in maybe 50% of the views it has in this point in time. I really want the movie to succeed so I hope that in this case it's a good sign.

The trailer finished it’s first day with 9M views on Youtube, and also 9M on twitter 

This is just from Warner channel on YT and Dune US page on twitter 

Excellent numbers! 

And also the reactions for it are extremelly positive, so... yeah, seems like a very effective trailer afterall.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The trailer finished it’s first day with 9M views on Youtube, and also 9M on twitter 

This is just from Warner channel on YT and Dune US page on twitter 

Excellent numbers! 

And also the reactions for it are extremelly positive, so... yeah, seems like a very effective trailer afterall.

Swell. Hopefully that translates to good box office.

• Like 3

Die hard fans will show up but I think that GA will too. It's an accessible trailer. Story is familiar but it also has tricks up its sleeves for GA not to feel like they are watching same old. And the cast is so good looking so it should attract different demos and do well OS. They love pretty + spectacular. 

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Die hard fans will show up but I think that GA will too. It's an accessible trailer. Story is familiar but it also has tricks up its sleeves for GA not to feel like they are watching same old. And the cast is so good looking so it should attract different demos and do well OS. They love pretty + spectacular. 

At this point, I think the biggest thing this movie might have going against it (aside from the situation surrounding the pandemic) is that some people have said that it looks like an angsty YA thriller, rather than a sweeping epic. Of course, I haven’t finished reading the book yet, but from what I’ve read so far, it certainly doesn’t seem like it would translate to a Star Wars style epic anyway.