WrathOfHan

Vice | Opening Wide on Christmas | Let's call it... mixed reviews #DiViceive

Rockwell, Adams, and Bale made it. Best Ensemble at SAG is damn near guaranteed, which gives Bale a decent edge for the Oscars. Cooper looks to be a close second. I don't know how all of this will translate to box office, though. It's still a sobering (yet comedic) indictment against a man most of us want to forget. Not exactly holiday fare for the family.

Edited by ThePhasmid

2 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

Rockwell, Adams, and Bale made it. Best Ensemble at SAG is damn near guaranteed, which gives Bale a decent edge for the Oscars. Cooper looks to be a close second. I don't know how all of this will translate to box office, though. It's still a sobering (yet comedic) indictment against a man most of us want to forget. Not exactly holiday fare for the family.

I hope cooper wins. he was genuinely good in ASIB. no artifice to his performance

• Like 1

Based on what I'm seeing on Twitter and Letterboxd I think this is heading towards rotten on RT. About 55%. Completely thrashed ever since the positive opening night. The Critics Choice Prediction Awards and Starfucker Anonymous Awards don't sway me. 

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Based on what I'm seeing on Twitter and Letterboxd I think this is heading towards rotten on RT. About 55%. Completely thrashed ever since the positive opening night. The Critics Choice Prediction Awards and Starfucker Anonymous Awards don't sway me. 

Yeah I keep seeing a lot of negative Letterboxd reviews for it, and most of them are pretty damn convincing to me.  Still think it'll be a big player in the acting categories at the Oscars, but wouldn't be surprised if it misses a BP nom.

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (rt score 46%) getting a nomination for best picture at the critics choice awards is always good for a laugh.

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (rt score 46%) getting a nomination for best picture at the critics choice awards is always good for a laugh.

They nominated Nine as well. It feels like nobody has actually taken them seriously ever since the Force Awakens mess. Organization clearly only exists to try and predict the Oscars.

I bet no matter what the reviews say I'm gonna love this. People saying that its too scathing or too on the nose are dumb, a rare time I can see that in advance of actually seeing a movie. Some reviews say it's condescending - treating people like they slept through the administration. Well the fact is, people, liberals especially, seem to have totally forgotten how bad those years were, and it's insane to me. So if this movie needs to beat people on the head, beat em on the head.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1