WrathOfHan

Vice | Opening Wide on Christmas | Let's call it... mixed reviews #DiViceive

14 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

people who think this movie is mean for making fun of Cheney's heart attacks lmao chill the fucker didn't even die

:lol:   And its not as if people didn't make those jokes when it was actually happening

"As Cheney told CNN, he has been 100 percent heart attack free since ascending to the vice presidency. He added, 'In fact, rather than giving me stress, being vice president has actually fueled my blackened soul, allowing me to gorge vampire-like on the bloody nectar of unlimited power.' I'm sorry that should have read 'I never felt better.'" - Jon Stewart, on Dick Cheney's insistence that he is the picture of health

http://www.jokes4us.com/politicaljokes/dickcheneyjokes.html

As if Vice created the Dick Cheney "mean" joke or as if one could be too mean about Dick Cheney.

So we are gonna have a movie nominated for best picture simply because of the people involved and not because it’s actually great. 

Meanwhile there are actually great films that will be left out of the nominations list just so a film like this could get nominated. A joke. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

So we are gonna have a movie nominated for best picture simply because of the people involved and not because it’s actually great. 

Meanwhile there are actually great films that will be left out of the nominations list just so a film like this could get nominated. A joke. 

1. This isn’t locked for a nomination

2. Many people think it’s a great movie; it’s just very divisive. 

• Like 1

I’d wait to see what the box office looks like before crossing off the Best Picture contender  list. If it ends up making $25-30M total, then no. Although with that reported budget it’s likely gonna be a flop no matter what (since this isn’t gonna make anything overseas).

11 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

1. This isn’t locked for a nomination

2. Many people think it’s a great movie; it’s just very divisive. 

This is a problem with RT.  People just see a percentage and don’t get the other nuances from the reactions.  

A movie could receive no glowing remarks and 95% “pretty good” remarks and it’d have a 95%.  Then you have Vice, that seems like 35% love, 35% hate and the other 30% fall somewhere in between.  There’s a lot of people that love the film and think it’s great that end up getting their voices nulled out by the people who hate it.

• Like 1