WrathOfHan

Vice | Opening Wide on Christmas | Let's call it... mixed reviews #DiViceive

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Test screenings have been spotty ths year, but yeah, Rockwell will definitely be the main supporting push

Agreed. But Ali will Waltz his way to the win. His movie's going to be a huge heartwarming hit, and unlike Rockwell's extended cameo, his role, while supporting in nature, is almost as big as Viggo's. Done deal. :stirthepot:

Being a political movie, this will definitey be a tougher sell to some Republicans.  Not that you need their money for this to be a success, but I’d reckon more conservatives were willing to give Big Short a shot than will want to see this.

And a Cheney critique isn’t going to excite liberals as much in today’s political climate.

I think it looks great, but I question if it’ll be able to be a financial hit.

23 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I wouldn't count on a massive Republican backlash. Trump fans hate Bush and the Iraq legacy as much as liberals (even though many probably supported it at the time). 

To this day, I find it incredible how the most scathing public rebuke of Bush and the Iraq War came from not a Democrat, but a Republican at a Republican Presidential Debate in front of millions of people with Bush's brother Jeb! on the same stage.  

Last time a Democrat showed balls like that, John Edward's girlfriend was filming it.

10 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

To this day, I find it incredible how the most scathing public rebuke of Bush and the Iraq War came from not a Democrat, but a Republican at a Republican Presidential Debate in front of millions of people with Bush's brother Jeb! on the same stage.  

Last time a Democrat showed balls like that, John Edward's girlfriend was filming it.

No, it was from The Dixie Chicks and they were lambasted for it and their careers derailed by their conservative country base who now mostly suck at the Trump teat of (alleged) anti-globalism.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

No, it was from The Dixie Chicks and they were lambasted for it and their careers derailed by their conservative country base who now mostly suck at the Trump teat of (alleged) anti-globalism.

I'm talking about politicians.

Edited by Ozymandias