WrathOfHan

Vice | Opening Wide on Christmas | Let's call it... mixed reviews #DiViceive

33 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

We honestly need a take-down of the Bush era right about now. Trump's presidency has been such a disaster people have forgotten just how bad it was.

The year is 2029, Franklin Graham has just been elected president with David Duke as his VP, Adam McKay has to make a movie taking down Trump as they’re now starting to be viewed as the good times as plans are put into place to change the name of the US to the Republic of Gilead

49 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

We honestly need a take-down of the Bush era right about now. Trump's presidency has been such a disaster people have forgotten just how bad it was.

You're right to some extent, but I'm not much of a fan of Hollywood's and pop culture's tendency to look backwards instead of looking at the present. We need more protest films and protest songs about the present administration. It's absolutely insane to me that two years in and there's not more of a counterculture for that...just goes to show how corporate everything's become. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

so much oscar bait gets released Dec 25th but i can't comprehend people who are seeing it then. i wanna know the life of the man who's gonna go see the dick cheney movie on christmas day.

If there's one thing that brings the family together on Christmas, it's politics.

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

so much oscar bait gets released Dec 25th but i can't comprehend people who are seeing it then. i wanna know the life of the man who's gonna go see the dick cheney movie on christmas day.

You underestimate the compromises families make when trying to agree on a movie to see Christmas Day.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

You underestimate the compromises families make when trying to agree on a movie to see Christmas Day.

Last year my family was supposed to see Lady Bird for Christmas, and even though everyone was excited for it and thought it looked good, because my asshole brother thought it looked stupid, my Mom instead made us see All the Money in the World instead. It still irks me to this day.