FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

28 minutes ago, DAJK said:

ugh I wish I could take those. I have 99% in History (94% across all my classes) but I don't have any opportunity for extra credit :(

There were positives and negatives.

The positive of the 10 point boost was that you could get a GPA over a 100, which made it practically impossible for somebody who didn't take the classes to rank higher than you (unless you didn't make A's).

The negatives were if you wanted to compete for rank, you had to take as many of them as you could, and not every class had an AP version.  So if you wanted to be in say Choir, Theater, Band, Sports, or other electives it hurt your GPA (with the exception of Art that had multiple AP courses for some reason).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

That's true Town & Country was a big budget misfire that had a budget in 2001 dollars($90 million) and was WB's second big budget bomb in one weekend (the same weekend as the Stallone racing misfire Driven). But Rules Don't Apply's word of mouth so far isn't very good, so Beatty hasn't a "good" movie since Bullworth and before that was maybe Reds(Love Affair was mixed, and Bugsy/Dick Tracy weren't too bad but not like Reds).

Bugsy was decent, but yeah I mostly agree.

Doesn't happen often, but ALIEN: COVENANT has been moved up, not backward--will break out May 19, 2017 instead of August 4.

KINGSMAN THE GOLDEN CIRCLE has been reassigned to fall duty instead of summer: October 6, 2017 is in, June 16 is out.

UNTITLED FOX/MARVEL FILM pounces on November 2, 2018--joins Disney's MULAN and UNTITLED PARAMOUNT EVENT FILM.

UNTITLED FOX/LIGHTSTORM FILM will drop December 21, 2018.

UNTITLED FOX/MARVEL FILM opens Thursday February 14, 2019. Let the rumor mill run wild.

• Like 1

Animated movies I've seen this year rank.

Zootopia

Finding Dory

Kung Fu Panda 3

The Secret Life of Pets

I'll be seeing Moana next week hopefully, and I still need to see Kubo and The Two Strings. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

Just saw Moana. Visually STUNNING! I was very impressed. I watched it in Hawaii on a quiet afternoon. The theater was packed with what seemed like bus-loads of kids from a school excursion. 

Btw loved the homage to the Academy Award winning movie from last year...

Spoiler

Anybody else get the Mad Max vibe during the coconut pirate attack?

• Like 1

Just now, UrosepsisFace said:

Just saw Moana. Visually STUNNING! I was very impressed. I watched it in Hawaii on a quiet afternoon. The theater was packed with what seemed like bus-loads of kids from a school excursion. 

Btw loved the homage to the Academy Award winning movie from last year...

Reveal hidden contents

Did the Hawaiian  audience dig it?

This year is the most active I've ever been on this site.  Every time Disney releases a new animated feature I spew away and disappear for several months until the next animated feature hits... :P Which has been quite a lot and of course other studios' releases had me hyped and pumped up!  

- January: Kung-Fu Panda 3 was great!  I grew up with the franchise and can't believe it's been over 8 years since the first one

- March: Zootopia... stunning and my favorite movie of the year 

- June/July: Finding Dory and Secret Life of Pets were amazing in their own ways

- August: Kubo and the Two Strings was enchanting and dazzling

- November: Moana... UGH!  Between Zootopia and this... I can't even choose 

- December: SING!  I'm so scared yet hyped for this one!  The trailers have been great in my opinion and hopefully Illumination hits it out of the ballpark! 

Hopefully Moana brings in the big bucks and crosses the $300 million threshold! :D <3

Edited by CelestialFairyIX
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Doesn't happen often, but ALIEN: COVENANT has been moved up, not backward--will break out May 19, 2017 instead of August 4.

KINGSMAN THE GOLDEN CIRCLE has been reassigned to fall duty instead of summer: October 6, 2017 is in, June 16 is out.

UNTITLED FOX/MARVEL FILM pounces on November 2, 2018--joins Disney's MULAN and UNTITLED PARAMOUNT EVENT FILM.

UNTITLED FOX/LIGHTSTORM FILM will drop December 21, 2018.

UNTITLED FOX/MARVEL FILM opens Thursday February 14, 2019. Let the rumor mill run wild.

I expect Mulan will move to May 2019 and for Blade Runner 2049 to move up a week to September 29th. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony moves the animated Spider-Man film up a week to avoid Avatar 2. 

1 minute ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

This year is the most active I've ever been on this site.  Every time Disney releases a new animated feature I spew away and disappear for several months until the next animated feature hits... :P Which has been quite a lot and of course other studios' releases had me hyped and pumped up!  

- January: Kung-Fu Panda 3 was great!  I grew up with the franchise and can't believe it's been over 8 years since the first one

- March: Zootopia... stunning and my favorite movie of the year 

- June: Finding Dory and Secret Life of Pets were amazing in their own ways

- August: Kubo and the Two Strings was enchanting and dazzling

- November: Moana... UGH!  Between Zootopia and this... I can't even choose 

- December: SING!  I'm so scared yet hyped for this one!  The trailers have been great in my opinion and hopefully Illumination hits it out of the ballpark! 

Hopefully Moana brings in the big bucks and crosses the $300 million threshold! :D <3

I honestly think 2016 could stand the test of time as the greatest year in animated feature film history. 

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

Did the Hawaiian  audience dig it?

Lots of chatter of wanting to see it again. You can really appreciate portions of the movie that capture the essence of what it feels like in Hawaii, like the feeling of cool fresh water from a waterfall or sea-salt in the air as you stand on a boat above clear waters. The Rock nails Hawaiian cheers of joy, and that's to be expected considering he was originally from here. Btw, expect the Japanese to LOVE this movie. They've always had close ties to Hawaii, and my theater had quite a few tourists.

• Like 3