FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Damn, that's fantastic. Although it may be tough to tell with cheap Tuesday/odd preview history for Thanksgiving just how great this # is.

This. The number is great, but I feel like Moana is like the most anticipated WDAS film for a long long time so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit frontloaded. Still predicting about 70-75M 3-day/95-105M 5 day OW

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Actually, if Disney really did take over the world, it probably wouldn't be an evil empire at all. Everyone would be friends with each other and the whole planet would look like that creepy Celebration town.

Given that Democracy has led to things like Trump and Brexit, I welcome Disney taking over the world.

A Disney empire would be much better than whatever this political mess we're in right now is.

• Like 5

I think considering this was the first Disney musical since the massive success of Frozen, it's strong preview numbers make sense. We'll see how it's holds up throughout the weekend

Yeah, Moana is the true successor to Frozen. Not Big Hero 6. Not Zootopia.

There was 3 years to build up the excitement for the Disney's next fairy tale musical after Frozen.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Because of discount Tuesday, I think it's probably best to wait until we see Wed numbers at a minimum before trying to extrapolate the weekend. 

...oh who am I kidding, this is BOT. :lol: 

Discount Tuesday usually doesn't apply to new releases/previews, so I think looking at Moana is fine.

Just now, Nutella of Arabia said:

Because of discount Tuesday, I think it's probably best to wait until we see Wed numbers at a minimum before trying to extrapolate the weekend. 

Does Discount Tuesday usually apply to early showings for Wednesday openers, though? I didn't check yesterday to see how anything was doing at my theater but I do remember seeing a disclaimer at some theater I went to saying they don't (might have been around Christmas last year).

Just now, Nutella of Arabia said:

Discount Tuesday. Right. On a school night.

This number is over double what Frozen's was

4 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

:rofl:

I think we just got taken over by Disney by the way this thread has been going.

In fact, there's a lot of (irrational)Disney love going through this forum for the past few months. I feel like this weekend might get crazy.

Edited by Arlborn