FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Also, Sing tickets went on sale at my theatre today.

Thats right; BEFORE rogue one.

oooh give us an update on that, I'm super intrigued. For me Sing is like the hardest one to predict. Everyone here seems to be on the $250M+ or even $300M+ train while bo.com is stuck with its $115M prediction forever. Its 40M+ trailer views feels just unprecedented for what it is, doubling Pets 23M, meaning it could break out even in like an explosive, $400M+ fashion? but then again its twitter/FB buzz doesn't seem to be that high compared to Pets'.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, yjs said:

oooh give us an update on that, I'm super intrigued. For me Sing is like the hardest one to predict. Everyone here seems to be on the $250M+ or even $300M+ train while bo.com is stuck with its $115M prediction forever. Its 40M+ trailer views feels just unprecedented for what it is, doubling Pets 23M, meaning it could break out even in like an explosive, $400M+ fashion? but then again its twitter/FB buzz doesn't seem to be that high compared to Pets'.

Will do :) Nothing to report yet; I don't think any tickets were sold tonight for it.

Butnim looking at the showtimes and for the first time ever they're making us play evening shows on Christmas Eve. And matinees on Christmas Day (except my GM said he was on the phone with people from head office saying that's not fair for smaller markets like us who don't have a lot of staff and will probably not have a ton of business for those shows anyways, and so they retracted the Christmas Day matinees and we have only shows starting at 7 that night).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Will do :) Nothing to report yet; I don't think any tickets were sold tonight for it.

Butnim looking at the showtimes and for the first time ever they're making us play evening shows on Christmas Eve. And matinees on Christmas Day (except my GM said he was on the phone with people from head office saying that's not fair for smaller markets like us who don't have a lot of staff and will probably not have a ton of business for those shows anyways, and so they retracted the Christmas Day matinees and we have only shows starting at 7 that night).

that's surely impressive! there have been some super crowded Christmas seasons with several hits like 2009 or 2007 and it'll be interesting to see if 2016 will be one of those years or it'll be another Star Wars domination! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, yjs said:

What if Moana, R1, and Sing all fight to the death for #1 of the holiday with grosses within 20m or so?

12 minutes ago, yjs said:

that's surely impressive! there have been some super crowded Christmas seasons with several hits like 2009 or 2007 and it'll be interesting to see if 2016 will be one of those years or it'll be another Star Wars domination! 

Christmas definitely looks a lot more well rounded this year for sure. And I'm assuming it's the same with many smaller theatres like mine, we aren't required to play rogue one on "x" number of screens for 3+ weeks. This time, Disney just wants us to have it on 2 (out of our 5) for the first week, then can bring it down to 1 or even up to 3 or whatever we like based on business for the second week onward.

Only problem is they have a bunch of stupid rules. Like no "service recovery passes" can be scanned in for Star Wars (those passes theatres issue out if you've experienced a problem) unless it was scanned out for Rogue One in particular. Certain media passes won't be allowed to be scanned in on the computer, and it really sucks when customers don't understand because I feel bad trying to explain that I can't actually accept the passes for that particular movie but we'll see how it goes.

Talked to my GM tonight and he was saying at least the rules aren't as dumb as they were for TPM. "No one gets in without paying" like Access passes for handicapped people, or children under 3 had to pay the child's price. And ushers "weren't allowed to look at the screen while doing theatre checks." 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Only problem is they have a bunch of stupid rules. Like no "service recovery passes" can be scanned in for Star Wars (those passes theatres issue out if you've experienced a problem) unless it was scanned out for Rogue One in particular. Certain media passes won't be allowed to be scanned in on the computer, and it really sucks when customers don't understand because I feel bad trying to explain that I can't actually accept the passes for that particular movie but we'll see how it goes.

Talked to my GM tonight and he was saying at least the rules aren't as dumb as they were for TPM. "No one gets in without paying" like Access passes for handicapped people, or children under 3 had to pay the child's price. And ushers "weren't allowed to look at the screen while doing theatre checks." 

Jesus, these do seem like some dumb draconian rules! feel for you for sometimes having to explain such nonsense to the customers :( 

Edited by yjs