FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

Just now, Arlborn said:

:rofl:

I think we just got taken over by Disney by the way this thread has been going.

In fact, there's a lot of (irrational)Disney love goni through this form for the past few months. I feel like this weekend might get crazy.

We're all excited about the prospect of Disney taking over the world (and in the process, saving us from an impending Trump presidency).

• Like 5

The awkward moment when you wish your own studio could have been sold to Disney instead of AT&T who knows basically nothing about film-making. Not that your own knows it very well though. But, hey, maybe Donald Trump will ban the Time Warner-AT&T deal just like he said. Trump will always act by his words, RIGHT!? 

All hail Disney for the crazy Moana numbers!

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin
add
  • Like 3

Disney should really delay Gigantic until 2019. Disney has a good thing going here, 3 years between musicals. That was the time between Tangled to Frozen, and Frozen to Moana. Don't make the same mistake they did in the Renaissance by rushing out Musicals right after each other, make them events.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Irrational sounds good to me. :lol: 

Two films with great reviews / box office, coupled with almost a decade of consistently quality product? If that isn't enough to earn adulation, I don't know what is

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Disney should really delay Gigantic until 2019. Disney has a good thing going here, 3 years between musicals. That was the time between Tangled to Frozen, and Frozen to Moana. Don't make the same mistake they did in the Renaissance by rushing out Musicals right after each other, make them events.

The last thing I want them to do is start delaying things...

• Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Curious to see Rules don't Apply's numbers. Bomb waiting to happen. I asked my GM why we got it this week and he laughed and said "fox's distributor basically begged us to play it."

Lmao fox

It's gonna do awful. Fully expecting a sub-$5M 5-day opening. No1currs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Good thing you don't work at a movie theatre. Disney brings in the crowds but they're also a huge nuisance.

As much as I root for the film's success, I do fear what will happen if it achieves Frozen-level popularity. Not looking forward to the pages and pages of fanwankery and Moana and Maui's likeness on every single child-aimed food product

• Like 1