FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I think the diner scene is whatever you want to make it because there's so little to it. Personally I found it lazy. If other people want to make it something more, good for them for obviously being more invested than me to take the time to do the filmmaker's job. For me personally it's just kind of a cop out filmmaking technique. 

Goddamn, not everything is spoonfed to you.

You're making me appreciate the movie even more, btw. Making me remember what I liked about it.

• Like 2

I enjoyed Bad Santa thoroughly, but I never had any interest in a sequel. On top of the fact that the first one already had the perfect, twistedly sentimental ending, the trailer for the sequel looked awful. Billy Bob Thornton may need more leading roles, but reprising the title role of Bad Santa ain't the way to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

So, how doomed is Wedding Crashers 2 (assuming it's made)?

Certainly not nearly as doomed as most of these late comedic sequels. After all, Wedding Crashers was like a 300m juggernaut comedy adjusted for inflation, compared to most of these sequels to cult comedy classics. I'd imagine it would do at least 75m even if things go bad for it. 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't think it's gonna get made, but I'd say it's gonna 70 at best, so yeah not bad, but not exactly good either. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Certainly not nearly as doomed as most of these late comedic sequels. After all, Wedding Crashers was like a 300m juggernaut comedy adjusted for inflation, compared to most of these sequels to cult comedy classics. I'd imagine it would do at least 75m even if things go bad for it. 

Yeah, everyone fondly remembers Vince Vaughn.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I would say that it's never gonna happen, but if Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn get desperate enough...

That said, as someone who watched Wedding Crashers at least 15 times on DVD back in high school and can quote whole stretches of dialogue from memory, I would have no interest whatsoever in a sequel.

10 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I enjoyed Bad Santa thoroughly, but I never had any interest in a sequel. On top of the fact that the first one already had the perfect, twistedly sentimental ending, the trailer for the sequel looked awful. Billy Bob Thornton may need more leading roles, but reprising the title role of Bad Santa ain't the way to go.

I wonder if Thorton stopped caring or if he can't get good scripts.

It has to be one of these.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I wonder if Thorton stopped caring or if he can't get good scripts.

It has to be one of these.

I want to believe that it's the latter, but who knows? They got all of the major surviving pieces of the first movie back, Kathy Bates signed on, and director Mark Waters helmed Mean Girls, so perhaps the script was promising and it just got lost in the translation from inception to completion.

• Like 2