kayumanggi

COCO | 597.4 M overseas ● 807.1 M worldwide

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $207,191,667    28.4%
Foreign:  $523,200,000    71.6%

Worldwide:  $730,391,667

Coco grossed 6.8 million this weekend.

The OS weekend drop is just 15% and we don't even have the actuals yet so the weekend figure can very well improve from these estimates.

Edited by MaxAggressor

15 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Can this one beat Secret Life of Pets? ($875M)

If it gets to $750 from existing markets it will need $125M from Japan. Is that doable?

A very longshot but not impossible given the nature of Japan. $125 million would be 50% of Frozen's gross in Japan. 

12 hours ago, bambam said:

Does anyone know how Coco did in UK this weekend? I was hoping it would break out during half term since it's kind of been underperforming in English-speaking territories.

£1.4m, up to £15.25m, was at £11.7m last weekend. Should pass £20m.

• Like 1

On 18/2/2018 at 11:44 PM, Quigley said:

Can this one beat Secret Life of Pets? ($875M)

If it gets to $750 from existing markets it will need $125M from Japan. Is that doable?

Not completely impossible, but that's it. 125M dollars in Japan means like 14 billion Yen, which is almost 60% of Frozen's gross. No Pixar film ever got close to that mark, and 2 years ago the sequel to Nemo barely managed to gross half of that.

We need this to come true -> Zootopia (China): Coco (China) = Frozen (Japan): Coco (Japan). 0.1% chance I guess - the whole family-ancestors-memory of the past-responsability thing really has to connect big time.

Edited by Omni
  • Like 1

Coco has a real chance to become the most viewed movie ever in Chile. It's a pain to track since there's no way to know the number of admissions unless it breaks some record and make it to the news, but we know that Coco had 1,6 million of admissions at the end of January, when it became the most viewed Disney movie ever. It needs to pass Minions's 2.076.255 viewers. 

Disney has recognized this and is going all in for the record with a 2x1 promo in all the major chains throug the rest of February. I went to see it again the first day of the promo (and the OD of Black Panther) and the screen was almost full so I think Coco can do it. 

Also, it has already passed 100M from Latin American markets listed in Box Office Mojo, despite it's Brazil performance and despite not knowing the numbers from Perú, Ecuador (Coco is the most viewed Disney movie in both) and Panamá. 

• Like 8

This movie is quietly, and slowly but surely making bank. 

With Japan to come, it has a really good chance of pulling ahead of Pirates 5’s 622M OS haul for the 5th spot overall oversea grossers of 2017 (behind FF7, DM3, BATB, and TLJ iirc) 

I hope for big success in Japan. 850M+ WW would be nice. 

• Like 2

And finally, it did happen. Coco is now the most viewed movie of all time in Chile with almost 2,1 million of admissions, after 16 weeks and counting in the box office. Just four movies have passed the 2 million milestone (the other being Minions, Ice Age 4 and the local comedy Stefan vs Kramer). What is really impressive is that Coco did this from a 500,000 USD opening weekend, all the other movies reached 2 million tickets sold from +1,5M USD OW . The WOM was spectacular and the holds unreal. Coco still has a fair number of screens but with summer and school break over it should finally start winding down.

Coco records in Latin America so far:

• Most viewed movie ever in Mexico and Chile 
  • Most viewd animated movie in Paraguay and Ecuador
  • Most viewed Disney animated movie in Perú
  • According to Hei25 in the Argentina thread, is likely that Coco will become the most viewed Pixar original in that country. 
  • Like 13
  • Astonished 2

23 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Amazing run for Coco. But on the other side, i'm feeling a bit disappointed with Japan's run. Doesn't seem to take off there for a big box office run. It might end up on the 40M range. Not bad at all, but i honestly expected more for Coco from Japan. The movie is excellent! 

Don't lose hope just yet! WOM can take a while to kick in for Japan. Also it took a hit since Boss Baby opened just 5 days after Coco. However Coco should come out on top, so just got to wait a week to see if Boss Baby dwindles and Coco excels :)

• Thanks 1