terrestrial

Gift Cards for the nearest Beauty & Beast OW prediction

27 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

$125.1M

Preview - $11.0M

OD - $32.0M + $11.0M previews = $43.0M

Hello, at first :welcome: to the forum.

OD is nowadays previews and Friday's (if Friday is the 1st official day in release), that started during 2011.

I wrote you into the list wit;

OW = $125.1m (previews $11m/OD $43m) if that is not what you meant please let me know. You have time, the last day is in March '17, see first post.

Have a lot of fun here!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Hello, at first :welcome: to the forum.

OD is nowadays previews and Friday's (if Friday is the 1st official day in release), that started during 2011.

I wrote you into the list wit;

OW = $125.1m (previews $11m/OD $43m) if that is not what you meant please let me know. You have time, the last day is in March '17, see first post.

Have a lot of fun here!

Yes, that's what I meant - and thanks for the well-wishes:).  I've been lurking a few months here, and it being New Year, it seemed the perfect day to join and contribute to these boards:).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yes, that's what I meant - and thanks for the well-wishes:).  I've been lurking a few months here, and it being New Year, it seemed the perfect day to join and contribute to these boards:).

Then you are prepared for the crazyness a big release can bring with itself I guess :D

But just as fast it can go very silent, if nothing interesting is happening with the BOs during the... low months... But maybe a good time to get to know the members here a bit, more time to discuss... ;)

Have a lot of fun!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Then you are prepared for the crazyness a big release can bring with itself I guess :D

But just as fast it can go very silent, if nothing interesting is happening with the BOs during the... low months... But maybe a good time to get to know the members here a bit, more time to discuss... ;)

Have a lot of fun!

I love to discuss - I played another Hollywood game for the last few years, so I have the hang of both predicting and being totally right and totally wrong:).  You get to be both a lot!

Like, for this movie, if it wasn't St Patrick's Day and March Madness weekend and a female-skewing movie, I definitely think it would be way higher.  But (being a woman), I know we don't always go out opening weekend (I've gotten burned with sleeper movies I knew would be hits, but which took longer to show it, like Bad Moms, this year).  Trying to price that in for this one.   

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I love to discuss - I played another Hollywood game for the last few years, so I have the hang of both predicting and being totally right and totally wrong:).  You get to be both a lot!

Like, for this movie, if it wasn't St Patrick's Day and March Madness weekend and a female-skewing movie, I definitely think it would be way higher.  But (being a woman), I know we don't always go out opening weekend (I've gotten burned with sleeper movies I knew would be hits, but which took longer to show it, like Bad Moms, this year).  Trying to price that in for this one.   

Hah, BOT (BoxOfficeTheory) had just a survey here, over 10% of the participants here are women, good to see another one arrived (me also female).

Running baxk to the weekend thread, maybe we meet there soon? If I am here I usually 'live' in the actualst daily thread. And in the international area.

• Like 1

Never was a fan of jokes like this, as e.g. newbies might believe them.

'Joke' aside, as far as I know BOT can only be supported per using amazon.com links (US), paying for accounts-with-benefits, or e.g. getting/winning gift-cards (as presents for... or see threads like this OW guessing thing)

= They are for 

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/store/category/3-accounts/

Going $157.8M opening weekend.

I thought it would open around Twilight: New Moon or The Hunger Games: Catching Fire since it was announced.

Obviously the pre sales are huge. Still unsure about the GA outside of women and families (as far as the regular male demo, I'm very curious to see how this turns out - and if they don't turn up in large numbers, the question remains, is there enough women who will rush out to see this (not accounting for the presales) to create the high numbers some are predicting).

Edited by somebody85