narniadis

Tuesday Numbers (Deadline) Moana 3.19 | Beasts 3.0 | Allied 1.44

Per Deadline

3.19 - Moana

3.0 - Beasts

1.44 - Allied

http://deadline.com/2016/11/moana-incarnate-fantastic-beasts-allied-box-office-rogue-one-1201861811/

If I did the numbers right thats: +36.9% for Moana, +38.8% for Beasts and +53.5% for Allied - WAY above normal increases for the family films the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I like seeing historical trends thrown under lol makes the BO interesting.

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 17

BH/Tilt’s microbudget genre label has Incarnate from San Andreas director Brad Peyton and it’s looking at a weekend in the low to mid single digits at approximately 1,700 venues

... Universal finances the P&A, while High Top books the theaters and oversees marketing. Incarnate cost around $5M. ...

... Moana after collecting a FSS of $56.6M and five-day of $82.1M should ease approximately 50% for $28.3M, while Fantastic Beasts will decline 60% for a third FSS of $18M in second. Through Tuesday, Moana counts $87.6M, while Fantastic Beasts tallies $161.1M.

... Allied will also reside toward the upper echelon of the chart with a 55% decline, for $5.7M. Through yesterday, the Robert Zemeckis-directed movie has collected $20.1M.

Jackie debuts in five locations in New York and Los Angeles ... Jackie is hoping to hook $30K-$35K per screen

out of narniads link

• Like 2

If Beasts can keep pacing ahead of OZ (weird comparison, but that is one that MOJO has it up against) 230 would be a lock, it is currently 12m ahead but is having weaker weekdays (which will soon be offset by the holidays) and will have a weaker 3rd weekend. Should be interesting. Oz finished at 234m - 250m wouldn't be out of the realm of discussion if it can keep up the current pace.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm surprised they're thinking Jackie will do $30-35K PTA from its 5 theaters. Double that should be achievable.

Yeah I am thinking a minimum 60k average - but who knows, maybe they have additional insider information ;) (or not lol)

Just now, elcaballero said:

That increase for Allied though. Definitely wasn't expecting that much.

I saw it last night and it was surprisingly well-attended for a Tuesday night showing. Not surprised.

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Btw - that is one creepy picture of Adams in your Profile lol

There are no creepy pics of Adams. Goddesses have no creepy pics.

3 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

That increase for Allied though. Definitely wasn't expecting that much.

All the increases this year are on Crack - provided that Deadline is accurate.

Comparisons:

2015:

Secrets in their Eyes (largest in top 10) 47.1%

Dinosaur 15.4%

Spectre 25.7%

HG4 21.8%

2014:

HG3 19.9

Penguins 15.9

Theory of Everything (Largest in top 10) 36.3%

Really huge increases for sure this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I saw it last night and it was surprisingly well-attended for a Tuesday night showing. Not surprised.

There are no creepy pics of Adams. Goddesses have no creepy pics.

LOL apparently you found the only one - Adams is a Goddess but even Goddesses have bad hair days ;)

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

All the increases this year are on Crack - provided that Deadline is accurate.

Comparisons:

2015:

Secrets in their Eyes (largest in top 10) 47.1%

Dinosaur 15.4%

Spectre 25.7%

HG4 21.8%

2014:

HG3 19.9

Penguins 15.9

Theory of Everything (Largest in top 10) 36.3%

Really huge increases for sure this year.

Insane. The numbers are getting double all around. I guess discount Tuesdays are really taking hold.

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm surprised they're thinking Jackie will do $30-35K PTA from its 5 theaters. Double that should be achievable.

Agreed. 30-35K from only 5 theaters isn't impressive especially for such a highly anticipated arthouse movie. It should go way up.

Edited by Valonqar