La Binoche

Weekend numbers. Moana 28.3 | FB 18.5 | Arrival 7.3 | Allied 7 | DS 6.8 | Trolls 4.6 | Hacksaw 3.4

Incarnate which is squarely aimed at genre fans, propped by a digital P&A, could gross $1M today, for a $2.5M-$3M weekend. The pic, directed by San Andreas helmer Brad Peyton, grossed $120K from previews last night. Pic cost before P&A within the vicinity of $5M.

Pablo Larrain’s Jackie from Fox Searchlight is putting up some great numbers at its five locations spread between New York and Los Angeles.  It’s looking at a $7K average for today and $37K per theater for the weekend or $185K FSS, which beats its projections. Pic expands to 40-plus markets in the near future.

out of the link from Binoche

• Like 1

Moana is expected to rake in $6.5M-$7M in its second Friday for a second weekend that’s between $27M-$28M.

Frozen did $6.7m Friday for a $31.6m w/e

I'd like Deadline to give me their projected FB Friday # before I accept their multiplier projection.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 4

Usually, numbers for midnight previews show up early in the morning, Pacific time. It’s rapidly closing in on Noon and we still have nothing for Incarnate. This is a terrible sign and suggests our low expectations might not be low enough. Its reviews are starting to trickle in and they are also terrible, but we’ve seen worse this fall. On a side note, while we don’t have numbers for Incarnate, we did get numbers for Believe, which is opening in limited release. The film pulled in just $12,210 in 349 theaters. The film is very likely going to miss the Mendoza Line over the weekend.

just relleased text at:

http://www.the-numbers.com/news/217740830-Thursday-Night-Previews-Incarnate-is-a-Ghost-at-Previews

Also performing well is Amazon/Roadside Attraction’s Manchester by the Sea, fueled by Casey Affleck’s recent kudo groundswell. It moves from 48 locations to 156 for a projected $11K per theater for the weekend or $1.7M.

Dunno if we can trust this. 

11 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Man, if that number holds FB is a.....

wait for it......

BEAST!!!

Haha!!  See what I did there.      :ph34r:   :P

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

• Like 11