La Binoche

Weekend numbers. Moana 28.3 | FB 18.5 | Arrival 7.3 | Allied 7 | DS 6.8 | Trolls 4.6 | Hacksaw 3.4

1 minute ago, MinaTakla said:

The top 11 pics for Dec. 2-4, 2016 per industry estimates as of Friday evening:

1). Moana  (DIS), 3,875 Theaters (0) / $6.5M Fri (-70%) / 3-day cume: $30.3M (-47%)/Total: $121.8M/Wk 2

A sub-50% drop would be very good for Moana!

46 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Fighting for good seats in a movie theater is an American tradition.

Also Reserved never sells out since no one wants to order the closest to the screen tickets.

:WHATanabe:

I like strolling in during the trailers and getting my family perfect seats.

Anything less is a waste of time and effort imo. 

• Like 4

ARRIVAL's 6.6m is in line with Mojo's prediction of 7.0m for the weekend with the expansion. I think it's a good number. Without the expansion, this 6.6 would have been a 5.5-5.6m figure, a -52-53% drop on par with the drops of Dr. Strange, Trolls - better than FB and AC, with only Moana, Allied and Hacksaw (also saw expansion) dropping better. Overall, a -43% drop for Arrival will be among the best of the weekend.

2 minutes ago, NYer4Life said:

A 47% drop for Moana during one of the slowest box-office weekends of the year would be insane!

I wonder how small next weekend's hold can possibly be?

$300 million is definitely still in play.

Probably a $20M weekend, or a 33% drop. Should easily win the weekend again (especially when Office Christmas Party is looking like mid-teens at most).

1 minute ago, NYer4Life said:

A 47% drop for Moana during one of the slowest box-office weekends of the year would be insane!

I wonder how small next weekend's hold can possibly be?

$300 million is definitely still in play.

If that number holds it will already be $25.3m ahead of Tangled ($200m) at the same time and about $5 ahead of Toy Story 2 ($245.8m) with am almost 11% bigger weekend

• Like 2