Noctis

Tuesday Numbers: Moana $2.17m | Beasts $1.8m

for the ones who want to give rth a like

Donut alert! WB's CHIPS will flash forward 5 months and now drops 3/24/17 instead of 8/11/17.

ANNABELLE 2 has been pushed back 3 months and now lurks about in darkened theaters on 8/11/17, instead of 5/19.

Guy Ritchie's KING ARTHUR is definitely not set in stone, as it shifts yet again--WB has its sights on 5/12/17, instead of 3/24/17.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, yjs said:

wow already? good numbers! isn't that like 60% increase for Moana from its $1.4M Mon...? ?

What if Moana drops less than 25% next weekend!! it will be awesome for the legs. ;)

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnick said:

What if Moana drops less than 25% next weekend!! it will be awesome for the legs. ;)

it'll be so awesome indeed, but I'll still be happy with anything smaller than -30% given the track record. (Frozen -28.6%/Tangled -33.7%/TS2 -34.3%) :):) 

• Like 3

Oscar shortlist for docu

Cameraperson
Command and Control
The Eagle Huntress
Fire At Sea
(pictured)
Gleason
Hooligan Sparrow
I Am Not Your Negro
The Ivory Game
Life, Animated
O.J.: Made In America
13th
Tower
Weiner
The Witness
Zero Days

http://www.screendaily.com/weiner-13th-fire-at-sea-on-oscar-doc-shortlist/5111940.article

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yjs said:

wow already? good numbers! isn't that like 60% increase for Moana from its $1.4M Mon...? ?

- 28% from lw tue (worse than Frozen - 1% and Tangled -20% same lifetime comparison). Thr could be under 1m$.

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

1.8 Tue is +43% for FB from 1.257 Mon.

It is also a 39% drop from last Tuesday, which marks the first time when a November Wizarding World movie dropped under 40% through this point. The number itself, 1.8m, is also the best among all November Potter movies, defeating the previous record: HP1's 1.4m. Of course, Tuesdays are getting bigger and bigger, but still. 

FB is destroying DH1 in dailies and also beat it by far over the past weekend. That one added more 50m after the post-Thanksgiving weekend, but had some ugly drops. For example, for this coming weekend, it dropped over 50%, making 8.4m. FB will do waaaaay better than that. FB is also beating GoF in dailies and will probably do it over the weekend too. That one added 60m aftre the post-Thanksgiving weekend. But even assuming it makes only 50m more, it would still mean 233m by the end of it's run. And I think it will hold better than that. 240m will happen.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, James said:

It is also a 39% drop from last Tuesday, which marks the first time when a November Wizarding World movie dropped under 40% through this point. The number itself, 1.8m, is also the best among all November Potter movies, defeating the previous record: HP1's 1.4m. Of course, Tuesdays are getting bigger and bigger, but still. 

FB is destroying DH1 in dailies and also beat it by far over the past weekend. That one added more 50m after the post-Thanksgiving weekend, but had some ugly drops. For example, for this coming weekend, it dropped over 50%, making 8.4m. FB will do waaaaay better than that. FB is also beating GoF in dailies and will probably do it over the weekend too. That one added 60m aftre the post-Thanksgiving weekend. But even assuming it makes only 50m more, it would still mean 233m by the end of it's run. And I think it will hold better than that. 240m will happen.

Yeah, we really gotta wait for today's drops to see how good that actually is though as igger Tuesdays are getting bigger Wednesday drops. Still, yeah, pretty good.

1 hour ago, lmja said:

- 28% from lw tue (worse than Frozen - 1% and Tangled -20% same lifetime comparison). Thr could be under 1m$.

last Tuesday Moana had +36.4% jump from Monday whereas Tangled's Mon-Tue increase was mere +19.6% and Frozen even had -0.2% decrease. (btw Tangled's drop was -26%, not -20%)

and Tangled's Thursday the same week was at $1.1M after its $1.05M Mon and TS2's Thu was $1.26M after its $1.34M Mon, so predicting Moana to fall below $1M on Thursday after its $1.42M Monday and additional 60% Tuesday increase is beyond me.

honestly why do I even bother explaining all this to you when you already made up your mind that "Moana is a failing bomb" as you announced on the Moana thread. Literally the only thing you've done here so far ever since you joined here is to prove yourself by putting every negative spin possible to Moana's run. Troll.

Edited by yjs
  • Like 12

15 minutes ago, yjs said:

last Tuesday Moana had +36.4% jump from Monday whereas Tangled's Mon-Tue increase was mere +19.6% and Frozen even had -0.2% decrease. (btw Tangled's drop was -26%, not -20%)

and Tangled's Thursday the same week was at $1.1M after its $1.05M Mon and TS2's Thu was $1.26M after its $1.34M Mon, so predicting Moana to fall below $1M on Thursday after its $1.42M Monday and additional 60% Tuesday increase is beyond me.

honestly why do I even bother explaining all this to you when you already made up your mind that "Moana is a failing bomb" as you announced on the Moana thread. Literally the only thing you've done here so far ever since you joined here is to prove yourself by putting every negative spin possible to Moana's run. Troll.

Reading your posts all over the forum I think this is a "Troll" vs "Fanboy" war.

I only write numbers this time, no comments or judgements.

However I'm sorry if Moana won't be a hit, but statistically is hard to believe in three animated "billionaire" (not literally intended) from a single studio in less than one year, while in the same time they had to promote other 3-4 non animated blockbusters. In fact in international threads (especially UK) some users is speaking about a lacking p&a for this movie. An other user reports that this Christmas there is a super-successful Disney's Tv-serie that impact in the same segment of Moana. Add to this the fact that Moana isn't a clearly targetizet movie (is too complicated for 3/6?, too far from classic pop culture for 6/11? is totally girl oriented?). Add also that the soundtrack hasn't (by now) any "Let It Go" effect. With this scenario (I repeat BY NOW), if also Japan/SK will have the results of the other key markets, a ww run under 500M is predictable.

I hope you reply to me with fact and numbers and not just with "His/Her idea is different to mine! He/She is trolling!"

13 minutes ago, lmja said:

Reading your posts all over the forum I think this is a "Troll" vs "Fanboy" war.

However I'm sorry if Moana won't be a hit, but statistically is hard to believe in three animated "billionaire" (not literally intended) from a single studio in less than one year, while in the same time they had to promote other 3-4 non animated blockbusters. In fact in international threads (especially UK) some users is speaking about a lacking p&a for this movie. An other user reports that this Christmas there is a super-successful Disney's Tv-serie that impact in the same segment of Moana. Add to this the fact that Moana isn't a clearly targetizet movie (is too complicated for 3/6?, too far from classic pop culture for 6/11? is totally girl oriented?). Add also that the soundtrack hasn't (by now) any "Let It Go" effect. With this scenario (I repeat BY NOW), if also Japan/SK will have the results of the other key markets, a ww run under 500M is predictable.

I hope you reply to me with fact and numbers and not just with "His/Her idea is different to mine! He/She is trolling!"

Dude you are not helping by posting such comments even they are numbers, you seem to be targeting @yjs every time she post something about Moana. She liked the movie and she is rooting for it. Why do we have to ruin every moment of joy for a member  if their movies are doing great!!! By the way, Moana is doing great in the US and less good OS but it is not a disaster. There are members here like @James and @FantasticBeasts whom are rooting for FB numbers and lots of members are posting good news for their sake and this is the way we should treat each other not posting negative comments each time they come up with something about the movie numbers they are flowing!!!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Finnick said:

Dude you are not helping by posting such comments even they are numbers, you seem to be targeting @yjs every time she post something about Moana. She liked the movie and she is rooting for it. Why do we have to ruin every moment of joy for a member  if their movies are doing great!!! By the way, Moana is doing great in the US and less good OS but it is not a disaster. There are members here like @James and @FantasticBeasts whom are rooting for FB numbers and lots of members are posting good news for their sake and this is the way we should treat each other not posting negative comments each time they come up with something about the movie numbers they are flowing!!!

by the way, I'm a he ;) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lmja said:

again, for the 2845245th times, I'm not writing you off as a troll because your "idea" is just different. and no one here believed it to be a billion grosser in the first place. The problem is your constant attempt to call it a failure with your delusional standards when it's doing just perfectly fine. Your logic is flawed to the point where it seems like there's a hidden trolling agenda is what I'm saying. Besides, I totally relate to the people here like @James or @FantasticBeasts rooting for the film that they love, just like @Finnick pointed out up there, but I don't see how undermining a particular film's BO performance could be a sole motive to join BOT. Your 19 posts here have all been about how Moana is/will be failing. Even if Moana's bound to be a huge failure as you say and you are a Cassandra-like prophet figure who is here to tell everyone that when no one either cares or wants to believe so, what's the point in that, really? Does it somehow make you a better, superior person?

Edited by yjs
  • Like 6