POTUS 2020

Weekend BO- Actuals Mo 18.53, OCP 16.89, FB 10.43, Arr 5.58, NA 3.16, MbtS 3.13

12 minutes ago, Eevin said:

http://deadline.com/2016/12/jennifer-aniston-tj-miller-office-christmas-party-moana-fantastic-beasts-1201867403/

OCP- $6.7m/$18m

Moana- $18m

La La Land- $275k-$325k/$800k-$900k

Nocturnal Animals- $1.1m/$3.5m

Manchester- $3.1m

Miss Sloane- $624k/sub-$2m

holy that's glorious! 

EDIT: ah, I briefly thought it was the PTA. 

Edited by yjs

1 hour ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Why would you ask if hes trolling? Thats the number.

Noctis posted repeatedly fake numbers in the weekday dailies. But only on days when WB was veeeerrrryyy slowly to report their numbers

Edited by terrestrial
typo
  • Like 1

1). Moana  (DIS), 3,875 Theaters (0) / $4M Fri (-40%) / 3-day cume: $18M (-36%)/Total: $144.2M/Wk 3

Office Christmas Party  (PAR/DW), 3,210 theaters (-156) /$6.7M Fri.  / 3-day cume: $18M /Wk 1

3). Fantastic Beasts…  (WB), 3,626 theaters (-362) /$2.8M Fri. (-44%)  / 3-day cume: $10M (-43%)/Total: $198.5m/Wk 4

4). Arrival  (PAR), 3,115 theaters (+200)/$1.55M Fri (-24%)/3-day cume: $5.2M (-28%)/Total:$81.1M/ Wk 5

5).Doctor Strange  (DIS), 2,763 theaters (-172) /$1.2M Fri (-32%) /3-day cume: $4.4M (-35%) /Total cume: $222M/Wk 6

6). Allied (PAR), 3,018 Theaters (-142) /$1.19M Fri (-45%)/3-day cume: $4M(-43%) /Total: $35.6/Wk 3

7).  Nocturnal Animals (Focus), 1,262 theaters (+1.135) /$1M Fri (+407%) /3-day:$3.5M (+400%)/Total: $6.6M/ Wk 4

8.) Manchester by the Sea (RSA/AMZ) 368 theaters  (+212)/$880K Fri (+32%)/3-day: $3.1M (+37%)/Total: $7.8M/Wk 4

9) Trolls  (DWA/20th Century Fox), 2,786 theaters (-370) /$619K Fri (-38%)/3-day cume: $2.9M (-37%) /Total Cume: $145M/Wk 6

10). Hacksaw Ridge  (Lionsgate), 2,277 theaters (-217) / $663K Fri (-32%)/3-day:$2.3M (-30%)/Total: $61M/ Wk 6

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, yjs said:

a little disappointing Friday numbers for both the holdovers M and FB. :( 

I think I've read e.g. a part of Canada is having problems per strong snowfalls. CAN is part of dom

Plus people might be concentrate on X-Mas buys, as they might not have time for it next weekend (as they might have learned to do so last year?) or to spare the money as they already spend it for the pre-sales? Or... ;)

25 minutes ago, Xavier said:

@terrestrial

..or..?

Or other reasons I might not know, living in another continent, I do not know the Christmas preparation traditions, the dom weather reports, sports events, whatever.

The silence before the storm (SW 7), is that a saying in English too?

Looking at the weekend before SW 7 got released last year:

#1 and #2 both reached just / something over $11m

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2015&wknd=50&p=.htm

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

Also, the snow here has gotten much worse as the evening has wore on. Affected business hugely tonight. Allied is only gonna do o/u 1.5-1.9M for its opening night here. OCP is gonna do maybe 3.5. Everything was generally cut in half what it should have done.

See DAJK's posts about the bad weather impacting the admissions at the cinema he works for and his thoughts about the weather might impact this weekend posts earlier in the week. I was expecting less based on that, without expecting a certain result anyway = not meant as didn't people read (beside people being snowed in or ill, I guess no one will have read everything here, and probably not even them).

Edited by terrestrial

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

I think I've read e.g. a part of Canada is having problems per strong snowfalls. CAN is part of dom

Plus people might be concentrate on X-Mas buys, as they might not have time for it next weekend (as they might have learned to do so last year?) or to spare the money as they already spend it for the pre-sales? Or... ;)

Canadians don't care about no stinkin' snow. They kick snow's ass.

Holds are fine. Typical of years past. Canada is 12% of Domestic, a part of Canada getting hit would could affect just a portion of a few percent.

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Poor Jennifer Aniston. She'll never be a movie star or a resected actress (she tried so hard with Cake). At best she'll have success with supporting roles in critically panned ensemble comedies that do reasonably well at the box office. As much as she likes to (hypocritically) complain about the media's obsession with her personal life, that's what's kept her name relevant all these years. 

Poor Jennifer Aniston. She made about 200 million off of Friends and shell continue to keep making gobs of money as long as it is in syndication which means she will be making millions of dollars off of it for the rest of her life. Also she's one of the few actresses who actually gets people to come out to her movies. She's not the biggest draw but she's also someone that people do recognize and will come out and see. You've got a really warped way of looking at things sometimes my dear. 

• Like 20