CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | 8th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

It was obvious that they were planning to release 3 Disney MCUs+MCU Spidey in 2021 as far back as June 2018 when they moved one of the Disneys from July to Feb. The only way we wouldn’t have had 4 in 2021 is if no deal was reached or it was reach too slow and they had to delay to 2022 (which would have had 4 for sure then).

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Absolutely horrible news.  Just when I thought maybe Spider-Man was going to return to greatness, he gets thrown back in mediocrity.  The MCU take on the character is the most uninspiring, dull, and boring yet.  I miss the days of epic Spider-Man films instead of cheap mediocre comedies.  Hopefully Sony does a reboot after 2021.  Holland is ok, but the supporting cast is horrid, and the storyline they are taking the character is a total disservice.  

Yeah, I mean who wouldn't want to return to the greatness of the TASM movies?? So epic those were... how will Sony recover from allowing Spider-Man into the MCU?? 🤔

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

So this thread from weeks ago was spot on...

Sony always wanted an MCU Spiderverse crossover, and now this new deal makes it possible.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Absolutely horrible news.  Just when I thought maybe Spider-Man was going to return to greatness, he gets thrown back in mediocrity.  The MCU take on the character is the most uninspiring, dull, and boring yet.  I miss the days of epic Spider-Man films instead of cheap mediocre comedies.  Hopefully Sony does a reboot after 2021.  Holland is ok, but the supporting cast is horrid, and the storyline they are taking the character is a total disservice.  

This bolded part of this statement is hilarious. So SONY superior, Marvel inferior[tf soundwave voice]. 

So you never saw the shit show that is Amazing Spider-man 1 or 2. You're not going to quote this and tell me those were excellent are you....are you????? Sony abolished everything creatively on that path BECAUSE the audiences rejected it so heavily the second time.

The only thing I grant you is the Holland supporting cast is horrid. So much wrong there but I digress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeadShot said:

Homecoming and Far From Home exist. But I guess according to you they haven't made a good live action spider-man movie since 2004

Can we stop discounting Spider Verse’s quality because it’s animated? Animation is a medium, not a genre.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Not Cool 1

2 hours ago, RealLyre said:

Marvel saving cinema is never a yikes in my book 

There's so much to say about this simple statement, but I'll refrain... 

Let's not pretend Marvel Studios is the Andrei Tarkovsky of franchises, here.  

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

They won't have two live-action Spider-mans.

Warner Bros. during the 2000s when they were pondering George Miller's Justice League, they would have cast a different Batman and Superman that would have been simultaneous to Nolan's films and whatever else happened with the boy in blue.  But I think they ultimately didn't want to take this chance, either...(and rumors were that Nolan, of course, didn't want this to happen while he was involved).  

But I could see Sony introducing a live-action Miles Morales while still having a Peter Parker on screen.  They've already done it in animation to great acclaim.  And the "Madame Web" announcement and Feige's statement seem to only further hint at multi-verse shenanigans, both narratively and possibly...in reviving old cast.  

22 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

The biggest news is that Tom Holland is 100% appearing on Sony's Spiderverse. He's the biggest winner. 

It all makes sense with the Madame Web news (since a live-action Spiderverse with Garfield and Maguire sounds like a scheduling nightmare but itd make all the money so who knows)

I don't know what scheduling nightmare would be here.  Maguire's barely working, and Garfield is already much lower-profile (and probably prefers it that way).  No bigger nightmare then reuniting two or three Star Trek Captains... 😉

8 minutes ago, Macleod said:

There's so much to say about this simple statement, but I'll refrain... 

Let's not pretend Marvel Studios is the Andrei Tarkovsky of franchises, here.  

they're not but when I say they're saving cinema I mean they're one of the few studios that keeps getting people to go to the movies. if Marvel Studios stops making movies for any reason, the box office attendance will just decline.

so yes more MCU movies = healthier box office. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

@Charlie Jatinder, you think Sony missed 400 with this stupid public disagreement shit?

Yeah may be but I guess the late legs were not as strong as we thought for either of TLK and TS4.

35 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

So this thread from weeks ago was spot on...

Sony always wanted an MCU Spiderverse crossover, and now this new deal makes it possible.

Nah venom won't be in any other mcu film besides Spiderman

But I was reliably informed by Certain Voices on Twitter that a deal was impossible at this point. YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png

(who am I subtweeting?  I'll never tell :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

I don't get why certain people are crying? This deal is win win for everyone. For fans, for Disney (MCU) and for Sony. So why butthurt? And even though you may act like the new Spidey movies are inferior but most of the fans like it even GA audience like it, so the question of mediocrity doesn't come and also it became FFH biggest grossing Spidey movie ever that means more people saw the movie and more repeat viewings too.... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

This bolded part of this statement is hilarious. So SONY superior, Marvel inferior[tf soundwave voice]. 

So you never saw the shit show that is Amazing Spider-man 1 or 2. You're not going to quote this and tell me those were excellent are you....are you????? Sony abolished everything creatively on that path BECAUSE the audiences rejected it so heavily the second time.

The only thing I grant you is the Holland supporting cast is horrid. So much wrong there but I digress.

The TASM films are incredibly underrated and have just become popular to hate at this point.  

• Astonished 1

5 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

I am really happy that Spidey is back where he belongs and even happier that @VENOM will finally zip it.

Sony is the winner here, Disney caved and gave in to a lesser deal. He belongs and and is owned by Sony don’t forget it 

Edited by VENOM
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jordanstine said:

Seems pretty accurate lol

Seems pretty inaccurate actually, the Spider-Man movies Sony made did do a billion inflation included but as usual all you MCU folks think money equals quality  

Edited by VENOM

13 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Well at least we know who's never coming back:

Why would he? He created the ultimate SM movies, making the lesser copies superfluous. And after 17 years of inflation, King Raimi still hasn't left the top:

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Gross / Theaters Opening / Theaters Date
1 Spider-Man Sony $403,706,375 3,876 $114,844,116 3,615 5/3/02
2 Spider-Man: Far from Home Sony $389,862,963 4,634 $92,579,212 4,634 7/2/19
3 Spider-Man 2 Sony $373,585,825 4,166 $88,156,227 4,152 6/30/04
4 Spider-Man 3 Sony $336,530,303 4,324 $151,116,516 4,252 5/4/07
5 Spider-Man: Homecoming Sony $334,201,140 4,348 $117,027,503 4,348 7/7/17
6 The Amazing Spider-Man Sony $262,030,663 4,318 $62,004,688 4,318 7/3/12
7 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Sony $202,853,933 4,324 $91,608,337 4,324 5/2/14
8 Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse Sony $190,241,310 3,813 $35,363,376 3,813 12/14/18

Maybe 20 years of inflation will be enough. :hahaha:

• Like 3