CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Feige is constantly testing what else he can get away with. Hydra in shield - check, fight between heroes - civil war - check, talking racoon with tree henchman - check, purple ball-chined giant - check, timetravel - check, multiverse - pending

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Feige is constantly testing what else he can get away with. Hydra in shield - check, fight between heroes - civil war - check, talking racoon with tree henchman - check, purple ball-chined giant - check, timetravel - check, multiverse - pending

That was the hardest to pull off imo, I remember it was the biggest con about Infinity War..in reality it turned out one the biggest pro, Thanos and the snap became a pop culture phenomenon.

Edited by XO21
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, XO21 said:

That was the hardest to pull off imo, I remember it was the biggest con about Infinity War..in reality it turned out one the biggest pro, Thanos and the snap became a pop culture phenomenon.

IW was well liked even by many people I know who dislike MCU films.

I pretty much hated that trailer.

Shan't be seeing this.

• Not Cool 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:
FIRST 24 HOURS
VIEWS
DISLIKES

In comparison, the first trailer

FIRST 24 HOURS
VIEWS
DISLIKES

Trailer views 24 Hours.

1 YouTube: 45 million Approx

2. Twitter: 17 million (14.6 million @Spidermanmovie and 1.3 million @SpidermanfilmJP)

3. Facebook: 14 million Approx (9 million main channel)

4. Instagram: 20 million Approx (9 million plus Tom Holland, 6 million Zendaya and rest)

Total: 96 million plus on these four platforms. Shall be close to 115-120 million views 24 hours all included

• Like 3

I know people are complaining about how close this is coming on the heels of Endgame, but really, can you blame Sony? The closer to Endgame it is, the more money it's going to make. The closer they released this second trailer to Endgame, the more views and likes its going to get. The closer they start ticket sales, the more they'll sell.

Sure, it sucks that this movie being so close to Endgame kinda spoiled us on how the movie would turn out for Spidey (and thus the other dusted heroes), but you can't blame a business for wanting to maximize their profits.

That said, as fans too, I think this trailer, and the movie 2 months from now, will have a greater emotional impact on us thanks to being so close to Endgame. Compared to, lets say, if this FFH movie was released in summer 2020.

So the closeness actually improves the movie-going experience for us fans. We can complain about it, but we also 100% benefit from it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kitik said:

I know people are complaining about how close this is coming on the heels of Endgame, but really, can you blame Sony? The closer to Endgame it is, the more money it's going to make. The closer they released this second trailer to Endgame, the more views and likes its going to get. The closer they start ticket sales, the more they'll sell.

Sure, it sucks that this movie being so close to Endgame kinda spoiled us on how the movie would turn out for Spidey (and thus the other dusted heroes), but you can't blame a business for wanting to maximize their profits.

That said, as fans too, I think this trailer, and the movie 2 months from now, will have a greater emotional impact on us thanks to being so close to Endgame. Compared to, lets say, if this FFH movie was released in summer 2020.

So the closeness actually improves the movie-going experience for us fans. We can complain about it, but we also 100% benefit from it.

I haven't seen that many complaints about its proximity to Endgame after this trailer came out. Seems like everyone is excited to see a post-Endgame MCU which I wasn't sure was gonna necessarily been the case. 

I still think FFH would have done better in May 2020 but that's more due to TLK than closeness to Endgame. This will be an Iron Man 3 situation not an Ant-Man or Ant-Man and the Wasp.

3 hours ago, XO21 said:

I didn't like the ending in IW but Thanos himself was one of the best parts of IW and EG. Brolin nailed that role and the overall character is incredible. They did such a good job.

One wrinkle to like comparisons: last time attention was split much more evenly between the Sony and Marvel versions of the trailer. Sony’s trailer ended up with 1.2/1.9=63% of the likes.    

Atm Sony’s version of the trailer 2 has roughly 1.25/1.52=82% of the likes.     

So its not so much that the trailer is getting liked *that* much faster, but that the likes are being concentrated much more to a single channel this time. 

31 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Trailer views 24 Hours.

1 YouTube: 45 million Approx

2. Twitter: 17 million (14.6 million @Spidermanmovie and 1.3 million @SpidermanfilmJP)

3. Facebook: 14 million Approx (9 million main channel)

4. Instagram: 20 million Approx (9 million plus Tom Holland, 6 million Zendaya and rest)

Total: 96 million plus on these four platforms. Shall be close to 115-120 million views 24 hours all included 

Interesting how it basically destroyed the teaser on the main channel but was lower everywhere else. Still a great retention for a second trailer

Glad that they had Zendaya figure out he’s Spider man. I mean it was so frigging obvious 

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Glad that they had Zendaya figure out he’s Spider man. I mean it was so frigging obvious 

Likewise, but not glad that they put it in the trailer.

• Like 2

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

I would think that it could be some misdirect but this is Sony lol

3 hours ago, XO21 said:

I tried to pull the ‘Thanos logic’ this morning. Bc my wife has too many clothes, shoes, and scarves. 

‘Im like donate half that crap, perfectly balance as all things should be, half would create so much more room in our closet!’

Shes like ‘no, thanos is the bad guy. Ffff that.’

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Porthos said:

Here's how I view it, said the non-MCU fan/watcher.

Mysterio is lying about being from another universe.

The twist will be, he's right about the existence of other ones, even though he doesn't know it.

Seems the most likely outcome at least.  Mysterio claiming to be from another universe is the way to get the audience used to the idea.

To add to this, this IS the final movie in Phase 3.  An 'epilogue' as they put it, I believe.

An 'epilogue' is the perfect place to seed a main story telling point for the next Phase of movies.

So it turns out that Far From Home is Endgame's post-credits scene?

Endgame is truly epic.

Edit: And now I see someone already made this joke.  Dang it!

Edited by LinksterAC

Apparently the Russo’s said Aunt May survived the snap which made people wonder how she dealt with Peter being gone for five years but now apparently Jon Watts says Aunt May was snapped as well 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Whatevs.  I get the sense that people are so 'over' that 'secret identity' stuff for superheroes at this point...it's rather ludicrous to believe, when you have so many of these characters on screen populating their worlds, lately... It all changed with Iron Man... and many of Marvel's heroes besides Spider-Man are all used to having their identities known.  But at the very least, the MJ/Peter cliche/romantic Kent/Lane dumbness, I'm ready for that to go.

They clearly don't really care about anything, anyway... she's "MJ" even though she's not "Mary Jane."  🤷‍♀️

Edited by Macleod