CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Apparently the Russo’s said Aunt May survived the snap which made people wonder how she dealt with Peter being gone for five years but now apparently Jon Watts says Aunt May was snapped as well 

*This* is the issue that they'd better deal with appropriately... but I don't know how much faith I have when Watts is saying stuff like "They're New Yorkers...they get on with it."

But first, yeah, the filmmakers better figure out their stories! 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

Just watched the trailer 2 as an ad on Youtube. It wasn't a related video either. Wouldn't be surprised that the big bump of the trailer views could be because of that plus Endgame hype.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sahmeelg said:

Just watched the trailer 2 as an ad on Youtube. It wasn't a related video either. Wouldn't be surprised that the big bump of the trailer views could be because of that plus Endgame hype.

Doubt it was a Shazam situation like that, the likes are pretty proportional to the views.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 1

50 minutes ago, Menor said:

Doubt it was a Shazam situation like that, the likes are pretty proportional to the views.

It is pretty unusual because MCU movies typically only has ads on social media for TV spots length. A whole trailer that's 2+ minutes is too long for an ad especially on Youtube (of course this is Sony marketing but it's still unusual). And I don't think I subscribed to Sony there, so this ad movement has a pretty wide reach. We typically only get regional ads in my country. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same situation in other countries.

I also mentioned that it has Endgame hype behind it hence many people checking out the actual video and giving it plenty of likes (although the 1st trailer already did have plenty so it's basically maintaining its initial hype and then some). And people on Youtube have been watching a lot of Endgame press/promo interviews lately, before and after the movie came out, so it wouldn't be surprising if they also ended up watching this 2nd trailer.

Am I the only one that wants as much weird ass multiverse shit as possible?

We've seen this all a zillion times before, let's get this as weird as fuck now!

• Like 7

Just now, Deep Wang said:

We've seen this all a zillion times before, let's get this as weird as fuck now!

I want it too. Spider-Verse showed you can do it really well.

• Like 1

@Gavin Feng how does this # compare to Captain Marvel/other solo CBMs

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Durden said:

Okay, bitch is lying then cause MCU ain’t Earth-616.

If they really out there calling MCU 616 then they’re cray

/nerd rant 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

At this point I'm assuming this is how they will reintegrate Iron-man and Captain America back into the Avengers films in the future.... the real question is which actors (new or old?) will be playing them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam said:

/nerd rant 

No kidding. 616 is the original Marvel Comics Universe. 

Anyway, I really do want to see some cool multiverse shit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam said:

/nerd rant 

They should call it MCU-623 or Earth-623!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

They should call it MCU-623 or Earth-623!

Lol.

I thought MCU already had a designation number though. Pretty sure it’s like Earth-199999 or something like that (might be short or too much 9 in there, I don’t even know lol)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Is it just me or does Jake G look awful in that outfit?  A friend of mine designs some of the MCU outfits; hope it isn't him LOL.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, acetabulum said:

Is it just me or does Jake G look awful in that outfit?  A friend of mine designs some of the MCU outfits; hope it isn't him LOL.

That’s real cool. 

Any ideas on some notable MCU outfits he/she is responsible for?

Sony’s ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Trailer: 135M Views Breaks Studio Record

The new (and unusual) trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home that was released Monday offered the first glimpse of a Marvel superhero since the momentous events of Avengers: Endgame and the result is the biggest digital launch in the history of Sony Pictures Entertainment: 135.2 million views in 24 hours.

The Columbia Pictures franchise starring Tom Holland as Spider-Man already held Sony’s 24-hour record (130 million views) set in January by the Far From Home teaser trailer. Third on the list? That would be the trailer launch for the previous film in the series, Spider-Man: Homecoming (116 million views). That July 2017 film went on to gross $334.2 million domestically and $880.1 million worldwide.

Social conversation volume was also the highest in the studio’s history, topping 1.5M posts in the first 24-hoursAll in all, not bad for a kid from Queens who was turned to crumbling dust last year at the end of Avengers: Infinity War.

A second trailer for a film is typically greeted with less fan urgency online and a dip in viewership but the seismic happenings in the mega-hit Avengers: Endgame whetted appetites and made the trailer a must-see for Marvel fans. The trailer not only addressed the Endgame plot revelations it was preceded by an earnest message from Holland advising fans not to watch further unless they have already seen the record-breaking Marvel Studios epic.

The official synopsis for the new film is spoiler-free even if the trailer isn’t: “Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man must step up to take on new threats in a world that has changed forever.”

The all-Hollywood record for an online trailer launch is, unsurprisingly, Avengers: Endgame (289 million in 24 hours), followed by Avengers: Infinity War (236 million) and The Lion King (224.6 million).

Far from Home, directed by Jon Watts, opens July 2. Written by McKenna & Erik Sommers. Based on the Marvel Comics character created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Produced by Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal. Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Thomas M. Hammel, Eric Hauserman Carroll, Rachel O’Connor, Stan Lee, Avi Arad, and Matt Tolmach serve as executive producers. The film stars Holland, Samuel L. Jackson, Zendaya, Cobie Smulders, Jon Favreau, JB Smoove, Jacob Batalon, Martin Starr, with Marisa Tomei, and Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/sonys-spider-man-far-from-home-trailer-135m-views-breaks-studio-record-1202609480/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

Now to go on a 48 hour bender to hopefully wipe seeing the trailer from my mind. 

• Astonished 1

So what’s the likelihood that the deal is renewed. Seems all but certain at this point with this deep a connection going into the mcu and the multiverse likely introduced properly. Not to mention that Marvel will probably deliver Sony’s highest grossing movie ever.

8 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

not bad for a kid from Queens who was turned to crumbling dust last year at the end of Avengers: Infinity War.

Perfectly stated reminder from Deadline.