CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

29 minutes ago, Sam said:

That’s real cool. 

Any ideas on some notable MCU outfits he/she is responsible for?

Absolutely, Rocket in Endgame, Stan Lee's Ragnarok cameo, some fight scenes such as Captain Marvel's armada destruction, Black Panther vs Kilmonger, Rocket/Groot going crazy in the jail... Lemme find his Instagram....  https://www.instagram.com/jwsze/

Enjoy!!

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

He does a lot of background artwork too.  His main work is Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Black Panther, and the Thor movies, and of course the Avengers flicks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VanillaSkies said:

At this point I'm assuming this is how they will reintegrate Iron-man and Captain America back into the Avengers films in the future.... the real question is which actors (new or old?) will be playing them.

The day they do that is the day I stop watching. Let characters end. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I would be fine with it as a one off for an event, but not on a long term basis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam said:

Lol.

I thought MCU already had a designation number though. Pretty sure it’s like Earth-199999 or something like that (might be short or too much 9 in there, I don’t even know lol)

How about Earth-3000?

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

So what’s the likelihood that the deal is renewed. Seems all but certain at this point with this deep a connection going into the mcu and the multiverse likely introduced properly. Not to mention that Marvel will probably deliver Sony’s highest grossing movie ever.

Seems pretty likely, especially if Spider-Man is supposed to be the new face of the MCU. 

9 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

How about Earth-3000?

Just break my heart, don’t you? :whosad:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sam said:

Okay, bitch is lying then cause MCU ain’t Earth-616.

If they really out there calling MCU 616 then they’re cray

/nerd rant 

616’ :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

How about Earth-3000?

Why you gotta do me like that

tenor.gif?itemid=6201446

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, IceFire9yt said:

I would be fine with it as a one off for an event, but not on a long term basis.

I imagine it would just be a one off for a future avengers movie, and not a regular basis type thing.

I definitely think the Multiverse is happening. The new Agents of SHIELD trailer seems to imply that evil-Coulson is from a different dimension, and even though the movies completely ignore that show, a lot of the show's events stem from what's going on in the films, so I could see them going with that. Now whether Mysterio is actually from a different one or not, I have no idea, but I definitely think Nick Fury was right about the effects of the Snap.

Hey, I thought I saw a post or two in this thread claim that this new trailer would play after Endgame in theaters.

Is that just made up internet bullshit, or did someone in the know actually say this officially?

1 minute ago, kitik said:

Hey, I thought I saw a post or two in this thread claim that this new trailer would play after Endgame in theaters.

Is that just made up internet bullshit, or did someone in the know actually say this officially?

My guess is that was more of a joke. 

The FFH trailer isn't even produced by Disney. Yeah, I know they are working together in the MCU, but I doubt Disney would take the extra steps of including the trailer in all prints now ...

12 minutes ago, kitik said:

Confirmed by multiple real sources, might not take effect until Friday though iirc.

3 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

So what’s the likelihood that the deal is renewed. Seems all but certain at this point with this deep a connection going into the mcu and the multiverse likely introduced properly. Not to mention that Marvel will probably deliver Sony’s highest grossing movie ever.

The one problem is that we heard that the current deal did not allow the likes of Venom (or Morbius etc) to interact with any MCU characters, including apparently Spider-Man himself.

So Sony will want the deal to be renewed, but they will also want the deal to be modified. And when it comes to big billion dollar companies needing to share with each other, there's a chance that might not happen now that Sony may feel they don't need Feige's help as much, thanks to the success of Venom and Spider-Verse.

Keep your fingers crossed of course. Both sides would seemingly be interested in renewing the deal, but the question is how do they incorporate Venom. Feige and all the other bosses at Marvel and Disney will not allow Sony to make MCU-related movies without having a say in them, and that could be a sticking point. Sony will obviously not want to give Feige any sort of veto power over various aspects of Venom 2 and other movies going forward.

One theoretical solution is to have a different actor play Spidey in the Venom-verse. Maybe even Jake Johnson (lol, I wish). But of course the problem with that is that Sony knows using Tom Holland in their various movies would be far more financially lucrative.

4 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A multiverse movie with Garfield and Maguire deaged could be cool.

I think Sony would prefer to try and incorporate their SUMC into the MCU before thinking of yanking Spider-Man away from Marvel. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

With Disney having the TV rights to Spider-man and the announcment that Sony will produce Spidey shows with Lord and Miller, I expect the deal will continue.