CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Wow that is EARLY

Around the same time as CM actually (though CM's reviews dropped a lot later than its reactions due to Oscars). Good sign.

On 6/6/2019 at 1:30 AM, MovieMan89 said:

I think it was very much made to appeal to the teen demographic, which is how it should be for a movie about a high schooler and his friends. It's very well done for what it is. 

Im 27 and I loved the movie, as did many of my friends. That's obviously not a representative sample, nor a statement about the film's target demo, but I never had the feeling the film was pandering to teenagers. There was a bit of John Hughes, high school life vibe, but I think that appeals to all age groups, the same way that other currently popular shows do (off the top of my head Stranger Things). The humor was sincere, the pacing was tight, the action was fun, and again the general vibe was great. Shazam struck a similar chord in terms of tone and a sense of wish fulfillment, and that was part of what made that film successful as well 

2 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

There is no negative buzz or reception with Spider-Man FFH just because a few weirdos on BOT didn’t like SMH. 🤦‍♂️ 

I didnt even realize there was a strong contingency of people (online or otherwise) who disliked the film, but it makes sense given both that it is part of the MCU and that the Raimi Spiderman films are so revered by people my age who grew up with them. Clearly the majority of critics and audiences liked the film and that's the most important box office wise. Just a note, the internet seems to have grown increasingly toxic against the MCU in general, but if Captain Marvel is any indication, the loud voices on the internet don't speak for the GA. I am bullish on FFH's box office prospects

• Like 1

Just now, Menor said:

Around the same time as CM actually (though CM's reviews dropped a lot later than its reactions due to Oscars). Good sign.

So over/under 78% fresh?

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

So over/under 78% fresh?

I mean, for releasing reactions two weeks early they're definitely good. It'll be fresh for sure, doubt the RT is below 75. What percent I can't say. BP's social media reactions dropped around the same time too.

• Disbelief 1

13 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Wow that is EARLY

With the exception of the Thanos movies it’s extremely typical for the MCU.

13 days before release, vs:  

Endgame 3 days

CM 17 days

AM&tW 13 days  

IW 3 days  

BP 17 days   

Ragnarok 26 days  

SMH 14 days  

GOTG2 17 days   

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

With the exception of the Thanos movies it’s extremely typical for the MCU.

13 days before release, vs:  

Endgame 3 days

CM 17 days

AM&tW 13 days  

IW 3 days  

BP 17 days   

Ragnarok 26 days  

SMH 14 days  

GOTG2 17 days   

I mean all those movies got good reviews so that's a good sign. Review embargo is a lot later though, only one day before the China release. I guess to avoid spoilers (I assume there will be at least one big twist in this movie).

Just now, Menor said:

I mean all those movies got good reviews so that's a good sign. Review embargo is a lot later though, only one day before the China release. I guess to avoid spoilers (I assume there will be at least one big twist in this movie).

Well, the China release is a week early. Review embargo relative to the US release seems pretty normal to me as well.    

Will it probably get good reviews, sure. But we knew that 2 years ago 😛 

• Disbelief 1

I’m honestly a bit mystified by that react @TMP. I can’t imagine what part of that comment you might take issue with.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m honestly a bit mystified by that react @TMP. I can’t imagine what part of that comment you might take issue with.

I meant to hit :apocalypse: but I hit big Willie by mistake. And it's the "we knew that 2 years ago" that made me go :apocalypse:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I’m willing to make the extremely bold claim that... *checks notes*... “Untitled Marvel III (2022)” will be certified fresh.     

I know this is pretty out there considering that only 19 of the last 20 movies have met that bar, but I’m just in a gambling mood today.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Disbelief 1

I'm not interested to catch this in cinemas but I'm hoping that Jake is a great villain. He's very talented, don't waste him. 

32 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m willing to make the extremely bold claim that... *checks notes*... “Untitled Marvel III (2022)” will be certified fresh.     

I know this is pretty out there considering that only 19 of the last 20 movies have met that bar, but I’m just in a gambling mood today.

Wait...which is the MCU movie that isn't fresh? I thought all of them were.

1 hour ago, movies!movies! said:

IMAX Poster

D8xuvk4W4AEcpfU.jpg

What the hell is that??! 

:hahaha:

The twitter responses to this are hilarious 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Menor said:

Wait...which is the MCU movie that isn't fresh? I thought all of them were.

Thor the dark world is fresh but not “certified fresh.” So is The Incredible Hulk, but that’s not one the last 20 movies :rofl:

Edited by Thanos Legion