CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

On 6/5/2019 at 9:22 AM, Menor said:

Homecoming seems to get a lot of shit online even though it was very well liked by audiences and critics. That's interesting.

It's because certain people will clutch to Raimi's Spider-Man movies and say no live action Spider-Man movie will be better. A decent amount of people liked SMH better, so they hate on it even more 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This drops on discount Tuesday, right? I assume that same discount will be nullified due to it being the opening day? Or, no? Will tickets still be discounted?

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This drops on discount Tuesday, right? I assume that same discount will be nullified due to it being the opening day? Or, no? Will tickets still be discounted?

That's...a very interesting question actually. I hadnt thought of that

Chris Hemsworth put in a good word for Tom Holland when he was auditioning for Spider-Man years ago.

“I mean, look, we worked on In the Heart of the Sea together, obviously, then through Avengers and as they were casting him for Spider-Man, I did what I could do and made a call and said he’s one of the most talented people I’ve worked with and has such a big heart and appreciation,” Chris told ET.

6 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

My tickets certainly didn’t seem discounted 😢

6 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yeah, in the past discount Tuesday at most theaters haven't applied to movies that are opening that day, especially since they tend to be big. Though it is a rare occurrence.

• Like 1

If you like visiting Disney's web shop to browse through the Marvel clothing, accessories, or whatnot you may wanna hold off on visiting the site until after you see FFH.  Looks like they might have pulled the trigger on something a little early.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Horner said:

If you like visiting Disney's web shop to browse through the Marvel clothing, accessories, or whatnot you may wanna hold off on visiting the site until after you see FFH.  Looks like they might have pulled the trigger on something a little early.

Heh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I doubt most theaters put the discount on opening day, but a handful might. The rarity of a Tuesday opener means we dont have much data to look at that isnt Christmas related. 🤷‍♂️

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:29 PM, Krissykins said:

What the hell is that??! 

:hahaha:

The twitter responses to this are hilarious 

It's attempt to be daring and avant-garde  that failed miserably.

But the new poster for another Sony/Columbia film "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" is the best I have seen for a while...the 60's action film poster style poster. That was really clever.

Posted (edited)

And people are still bitching about Peter Parker being in high school?

THat is one of the things I really like about the MCU/Holland Spidey: it is the closest to the original Steve Ditko/Stan Lee run on Spidey I have seen. Spidey was around 16 years old when he debuted in 1962.

I loved the Raimi version...at least the first two films,did not care for the ASM films but really,really, like..so far ..this take on Spidey.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:36 PM, DeeCee said:

I've got it.  I finally worked it out.

I've finally realised the reason why this is opening on Monday 1st July.

Canada Day.

It's so obvious I don't know why I didn't see it earlier.

I thought Marvel was saving that day for their Alpha Flight movie...

We are 2/2 this summer.

Don't let us down , Zendaya, I am counting on you.

16 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

D88tGXuUYAAQXSz.jpg

D88tGXtUIAAqFUp.jpg

D88tGXuVUAYyAD0.jpg

It’s a low bar so not surprised these look better than the official DOM posters.

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

D88tGXuUYAAQXSz.jpg

D88tGXtUIAAqFUp.jpg

D88tGXuVUAYyAD0.jpg

colorful posters ... 

6 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

:sparta:

Hmmmm... Is $150million over six days good... or bad...?