CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

11 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

:wub:

jackpot_.jpg?itok=16HwKJ0o

• Like 4

11 hours ago, filmlover said:

Why does Jake look like he was forced to be in this standee against his will lol.

:lol: and true

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2019 at 7:33 AM, Thanos Legion said:

Top Sony 6-days:  

Spider-Man 2 180M

Spider-man 3 176M

Spider-Man Homecoming 154M  

The Amazing Spider-Man 136M  

Skyfall 112.5M 

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 107M

Adjusted (2018 dollars):

Spider-Man 2 264M

Spider-Man 3 233M

Spider-Man 226M

Men In Black 182M

TASM 160.5M

SMH 157M

MIB2 146M 

Hancock 142.5M

Da Vinci Code 135M

Number 3 or 4 most probably in term of adjusted.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:
66 uh  
tumblr_pt8w1erI8p1xpdwtoo4_540.gif
tumblr_pt8w1erI8p1xpdwtoo2_r1_540.gif
tumblr_pt8w1erI8p1xpdwtoo3_540.gif
tumblr_pt8w1erI8p1xpdwtoo1_540.gif

do they at all write any thing for Tom and RDJ. :P

RDJ and Tom Holland work so well together. Well RDJ works well everyone in the MCU, but I really love his interactions with Tom’s Spidey. Him and Chris Evans are a close second. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Number 3 or 4 most probably in term of adjusted.

Not so hard to see 2 imo, though I’d give <50%. 

• Like 1

Wonder if we'll get some think pieces complaining about the MCU's domination if this hits $1 Billion since the MCU will probably hold all the $1 Billion films of 2019 until Toy Story 4 (as I think FFH may be quicker to the mark).

The first one hit $880m with oka-ish buzz, the late legs and especially Infinity War  totally turn things around. Remember the second week drop meltdowns for Homecoming, I said at the time it was going to play like YA movie, indeed it did, Deadline even shared the data that were saying the under 25 demo was really strong.

There was always the notion that this Spider-Man would skew younger and ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak supports that showing 43% under 18 in updated audience polls. Since Friday, the under 25 crowd swelled with females moving from 18% to 22%, the third best demo for Homecoming after guys under 25 (35%), men over 25 (24%) and ahead of women 25+ (19%). Quite often studio marketing chiefs refer to older teens and young twentysomethings as the “lost generation” — a reliable moviegoing demographic in the 1980s and 1990s, now a challenge to get into seats with their social media, YouTube and Netflix distractions.

:stirthepot::stirthepot:

So what is the mind blowing plot twist going to be?

My prediction is 

Spoiler

Mysterio is from another world, but he's also that world's Peter Parker, and wants revenge cause the whole infinity stones mumbo jumbo destroyed his world

Posted (edited)

My theory in summary wrt Mysterio: maybe some scenario in play like Tom Hank's Cast Away (2000)?

Spoiler

Hulk/Banner's Snap in Endgame undoing Thanos' Snap in A:IW is not all well and ends well. The universe was not restored to the exact condition just before Thanos's Snap, only "everybody comes back", and this will bring a lot of aftermath/complications/sequela.

In the end of Endgame the good desirable aspects of "bringing back everybody" are shown: family reunion, return of the loved ones etc. However, in the large scale of things, the undoing of decimation will bring catatrophic consequences to the world, nations and communities, lesser in degree than decimation but perhaps even more complicated.

• After 5 years the world has largely adjusted to a new equilibrium with halved populations, the economic activities has all been down-sized accordingly - agricultural, industrial, services, manufacturing, building etc. Land desertifcation, running down of machines, factories, infrastructures will take years to return back to normal. The sudden doubling of populations will results in wide-spread famine (especially in poorer countries), unemployment, social unrest and increased crime rates
  • On personal level, the return of the dusted ones will have mixed responses. Sure, the majorities will welcome the returned, especially children to parents, parents to children and friends to friends. However, couple relationship will be a mixed bag. I can foresee many un-dusted persons in relationships (in marriage or not) would have move on to new relationship. I guess many countries would legally certified those dusted as dead/permanently missing and partners could legally remarry. Imagine you are like Tom Hank in Cast Away returning back to your world 5 years later when everybody, including your loved ones have move on.

I hope MCU explores a bit the aftermath of Undoing of Thanos' Snap in SM:FFH, like what Endgame did with the aftermath of Thanos' Snap. I would rather they does this than exploring multiverses, which are unnecessary till Phase 5.

My take is that Mysterio, as many people guess, is not telling the truth and he is not from another dimension/universe. I'd imagine him to be a great illutionalist that got dusted 5 years ago, and returns back to his family only to find his wife re-married and his young children estranged from him. So he said he was from another Earth/world, because he does not belong to this present world that underwent Snapping-Unsnapping but will never be the same again. With grudge and twisted mind he wants to wreak havoc on this world, while usurping the status of the defender of the Earth.

That will be a much more grounded story-telling, and Spider-Man stories should stick to its more grounded, earth bound characteristics.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

150M in 6 days is a ""failure"" for me, 165M is the low scenario imho

there's no way that number is real, lol. Disney is way lowballing as usual. the buzz is strong with this one, there's no reason not to pass 200M for 6 days. over 1B WW is done deal. this is gonna increase considerably from SMH and TLK won't cut its legs.

@TalismanRing Zendaya is so damn likable and has perfect comic timing. I don't know why some people think she's a bad actress but she's been on point in SM and is very versatile. her TV show proves she can do drama, SM proves she has comedy chops and she can sing on top of that. Disney should speed up Little Mermaid so that's gonna do well over 1B with such a likable lead. I still hope they make her Black Cat. 

• Like 3

Get ready to hear lots of swell things.

Movie works on three levels: as a Spidey movie, as fan bait (probably not in the way you’re thinking, but in a way that’s going to blow your frickin’ mind), and as a big, foundational piece of the MCU moving forward.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Astonished 7