CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

I hope there will be at least a small tease about sinister six in Spider-Man MCU. Would be cool.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, MrPink said:

People hyping up these post credits means I'm gonna go in expecting nothing less than Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock.

Don't disappoint me.

THIS PEOPLE. THIS!

Other than that there is nothing SHOCKING or COOL about the ending or the credits scenes.

Edited by CJohn

Just now, Claudio said:

I hope there will be at least a small tease about sinister six in Spider-Man MCU. Would be cool.

Now this would make sense. We've already had Vulture and a hint at Scorpion. Now we're getting Mysterio. Yeah, it's happening.

I don't consider the above a spoiler or suggestion of a spoiler. It's kinda obvious.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

You really really really don't want to know before seeing it.

People will accuse me of overselling, but we're talking Cap-wielding-Mjolnir cool. In my humble opinion.

wow is it that big ?

These reactions seem like high 80s/maybe low 90s on RT. Better than CM but worse than Endgame.

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Menor said:

These reactions seem like high 80s/maybe low 90s on RT. Better than CM but worse than Endgame.

most mcu movies are worse than endgame in terms of rt score, so not really a good comparison , and way better than captain marvels

Edited by john2000

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, john2000 said:

most mcu movies are worse than endgame in terms of rt score, so not really a good comparison

Yeah exactly. So basically it just confirms that this movie will be in the expected (really good) range of reviews. Meanwhile Endgame exceeded (at least my) expectations in terms of critical reception.

Edited by Menor

13 minutes ago, Claudio said:

I don't want shit Venom or the Sinister Six anywhere near the MCU until we've had three solid Spider-man pictures without overcrowding. 

• Like 1

I was actually a little disappointed initially with Homecoming's final post-credit scene because it had been built up so much by bloggers and fans that I was expecting something that had a serious impact on the MCU narratively as opposed to, well, a self-parodying moment with Cap. I warmed to it much more afterwards though and now it's one of my favorite MCU stingers.

The FFH ones must be pretty huge if they're generating these kind of responses.

And a big NO to the Venom reveal idea. You can't have Venom exist without Spider-Man having donned the symbiote suit first. Sony already went ahead and made their Venom anti-hero movie. Whatever, it was good fun. Just stick with that.

That is, unless they re-do the symbiote story for the MCU wherein the classic story plays out. Then I'm all for that, but I doubt that happens. Then, really, what was the point of the Venom standalone movie?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I don't want shit Venom or the Sinister Six anywhere near the MCU until we've had three solid Spider-man pictures without overcrowding. 

This, DC tried to rush things, and it did not turn out too well.

But the spideyverse has a problems: There are not that many Grade A villains left, (they created problems for themselves making Venom as sort of Hulk like anti hero) and they are going to have to start recycling the villians used in the Raimi version. I hope they avoid Gobby.....use in the TASM series, but a new look at Doc Ock might be interesting...particulary with a younger Hot Aunt May the "Doc Ock romances Aunt May" storyline is a lot more plausible.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

You really really really don't want to know before seeing it.

People will accuse me of overselling, but we're talking Cap-wielding-Mjolnir cool. In my humble opinion.

I’ve got the receipts. I’ll be here at 2:30 AM July 2nd @ing you if these post-credits scenes don’t live up now :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, JB33 said:

And a big NO to the Venom reveal idea. You can't have Venom exist without Spider-Man having donned the symbiote suit first. Sony already went ahead and made their Venom anti-hero movie. Whatever, it was good fun. Just stick with that.

That is, unless they re-do the symbiote story for the MCU wherein the classic story plays out. Then I'm all for that, but I doubt that happens. Then, really, what was the point of the Venom standalone movie?

TO make a lot of money......which it did......but making him so sytpathetic and not really a villain created problems for them.

And whatever Sony does in the post credit sequence has to have that approval of Marvel Studios...and I think that Feige has pretty much shoen that he wants the Spiderverse spinoffs like Venom to have as little to do with mainstream MCU as possible.

Edited by dudalb

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This, DC tried to rush things, and it did not turn out too well.

But the spideyverse has a problems: There are not that many Grade A villains left, (they created problems for themselves making Venom as sort of Hulk like anti hero) and they are going to have to start recycling the villians used in the Raimi version. I hope they avoid Gobby.....use in the TASM series, but a new look at Doc Ock might be interesting...particulary with a younger Hot Aunt May the "Doc Ock romances Aunt May" storyline is a lot more plausible.

If they have to go goblin they could go with Hobgoblin. In the comics he's not that dissimilar from Osborn but nobody gives a shit about Roderick Kingsley, so they could easily change it up. 

The big one left of course is Kraven. And if they adapt Kraven's Last Hunt that'd be a perfect segue into the black suit storyline. That'd make for three simple Spider-man tales before getting into the symbiote stuff. 

With all this “twist” talk I’m guessing one of the former SpiderMen pops up in this, if not, what then?