CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

3 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Does this anything to do with the movie?

He was probably just chilling with Tom Holland. He refers to himself has spider-man so he probably jut wanted to do the meme. 

My biggest worry for this was that they would play it safe and just coast off of Homecoming and make a decent, fun movie rather than build to greater emotional levels. That doesn't seem to have happened. My hype can now unshackle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

proably it seems to be more than that, many of those who have see the movie already knew that mysterio is a villain, so

Uh, the Mysterio is a villain is not exactly a secret.That has been out there  since 1964....

Moderation

Please do not link or post leaked spoilers.  Only officially released material.

There will be a spoiler thread next week.

Regards

BOT Staff

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, syntaxerror said:

I wonder if there is a twist in the contract between Marvel and Sony regarding bringing Spidey into the MCU... the terms we know about (Marvel getting access to the character, but Sony getting full BO returns for solo films) are way too good for Sony. I find it hard to believe that a company as strong as Disney would OK a deal that is so unbalanced.

1) A Spiderman movie gives a huge boost to toys, merchandise as well as comic book sales, profits from which goes all to Disney. Profits from these sources far exceed the profits that a Spiderman movie will make. 

In the below linked article you can see that in the US alone just toy sales were about $200m around TASM2 time which were down from their much greater heights (presumably one of the reasons why Sony was OK with selling it). A movie, especially a successful and well received movie, would have greatly boosted these numbers. Which is why Disney agreed to make the movies

https://www.investopedia.com/news/disney-expects-merch-windfall-spiderman/

2) Feige gets to use the biggest Marvel SH in the MCU. This increases the hype for the MCU movies and probably better business. Holland’s Spiderman has been incredibly well received by audiences worldwide and I am sure there are plenty Spidey fans who go to see other MCU movies to see the universe in which he is set. 

3) I am guessing this so someone correct me if I am wrong, but if Marvel Studios is making the movie then perhaps they get to use lots of internal people and companies in the making of the movie. Money from which ultimately goes to Disney. 

It’s a win win for both studios but bigger win for Disney due to the merchandise/toy sales alone. 

4 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

You really really really don't want to know before seeing it.

People will accuse me of overselling, but we're talking Cap-wielding-Mjolnir cool. In my humble opinion.

This is making me so hyped but I am feeling that I might need to start being careful on the net like with Endgame. To make matters worse, we are getting the movie 3 days after US rather than on the same day. 

Edited by ZeeSoh

3 hours ago, AJG said:

With all this “twist” talk I’m guessing one of the former SpiderMen pops up in this, if not, what then?

Nostalgia for Tobey is REAL.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

1) A Spiderman movie gives a huge boost to toys, merchandise as well as comic book sales, profits from which goes all to Disney. Profits from these sources far exceed the profits that a Spiderman movie will make. 

In the below linked article you can see that in the US alone just toy sales were about $200m around TASM2 time which were down from their much greater heights (presumably one of the reasons why Sony was OK with selling it). A movie, especially a successful and well received movie, would have greatly boosted these numbers. Which is why Disney agreed to make the movies

2) Feige gets to use the biggest Marvel SH in the MCU. This increases the hype for the MCU movies and probably better business. Holland’s Spiderman has been incredibly well received by audiences worldwide and I am sure there are plenty Spidey fans who go to see other MCU movies to see the universe in which he is set. 

3) I am guessing this so someone correct me if I am wrong, but if Marvel Studios is making the movie then perhaps they get to use lots of internal people and companies in the making of the movie. Money from which ultimately goes to Disney. 

It’s a win win for both studios but bigger win for Disney due to the merchandise/toy sales alone. 

This is making me so hyped but I am feeling that I might need to start being careful on the net like with Endgame. To make matters worse, we are getting the movie 3 days after US rather than on the same day. 

Sony is making the solo Spiderman movies, and they are not official Marvel Studio films, but apparently quite a few Marvel Studio people have a lot of input. It's a  weird situation.

And Marvel studios don't seem to be much involved in the Spidey spinoffs like ""Venom" which is why Venom is much less tied into the MCU then the Holland Spidey films have been. 'Venom: takes place in the MCU but it was really minimiazed.

Edited by dudalb

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Nostalgia for Tobey is REAL.

Well we saw an actor play Tobey (though he is never named) in "Molly;s Game"......

I liked McGuire as Spidey, but it went to his head  he became a big time Alpha Hotel in real life. The jerk bigtime actor in the first half of Molly's Game was McGuire in real life.

That is one reason his carrer in in limbo, he made a lot of enemies. he forgot that  old saying about being nice to people on the way up, because you will meet them again on the way down.

Edited by dudalb

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Sony is making the solo Spiderman movies, and they are not official Marvel Studio films, but apparently quite a few Marvel Studio people have a lot of input. It's a  weird situation.

And Marvel studios don't seem to be much involved in the Spidey spinoffs like ""Venom".

I never said its official Marvel studios production but Marvel is making the movie, as in creatively and personnel hiring wise. Without seeing the actual contract it would be impossible to say anything with confidence. 

And why would Marvel involve itself with movies not connected to the MCU. I am sure Sony might consult with Feige now and then on these movies like with xmen but these movies are not part of the deal. 

• Like 2

I wonder if Steve Ditko will get some kind of salute in this film,since this is the first live action Spiderman movie since Ditko's death.

Posted (edited)

I'm very excited about this one. I love all the characters involved in this movie especially Tom Holland's version of spidey, Zandaya, and not to forget my all-time favourite the ''Unusually hot auntie.  

I rarely go out to the big screen perhaps once a year or max twice but I will be out for this since I can't miss it. I am just a regular netflix guy

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I never said its official Marvel studios production but Marvel is making the movie, as in creatively and personnel hiring wise. Without seeing the actual contract it would be impossible to say anything with confidence. 

And why would Marvel involve itself with movies not connected to the MCU. I am sure Sony might consult with Feige now and then on these movies like with xmen but these movies are not part of the deal. 

Problem is if Sony wants a Venom Spidey faceoff..and you can bet they do..... it's automatically connected to the MCU since Spidey is a big part of the MCU.

Ithink it's a case that Sony does not do anything in the Spidey spinoffs like Venom that would conflict with it taking place in the   MCU, but does not make a big deal about the connection 

I think the best way to descr4ibe the Solo Spidey movies is a number of people who work for Marvel Studios moonlight on the Solo Spidey films. If that qualifies as making, you might be right.

Not the FF and the X men, Marvle Studios can do whatever the hell it wants. It now owns the screen rights to them outright.

Edited by dudalb

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Inuyaki said:

btw, tomorrow is some kind of Spider-Man reveal...

The Marvel twitter account counts down for a few days now.

Could that have some impact on the movie?

My guess is, they do it the other way around and use the FFH hype for a new Spidey comic reveal. But who knows :thinking:

PS I am talking about

Marvel Entertainment twitter.  Marvel Studios has a separate account.  So it probably is related to the comics.  Maybe a TV show (Marvel got those rights back in the deal with Sony) which I suppose could be run by the ME side of the house.

Edited by Horner

I thought Tom Holland mentioned this before when talking about appearing with Tom Hardy and he made it seem that it was not possible because he was in the MCU world and Tom Hardy was not. 

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/25/spider-man-tom-holland-venom/

“As I know now, I am in the MCU. I am the MCU Spider-Man. I exist in the world of the Avengers. The Venom movie takes place in a different universe, so I have no plans to show up in those movies anytime soon. But you know, things change! We’ll have to wait and see.”

As he said things can change like the Iron Man 2 retcon to include Spider-Man in the MCU previously.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horner said:

Marvel Entertainment twitter.  Marvel Studios has a separate account.  So it probably is related to the comics.  Maybe a TV show (Marvel got those rights back in the deal with Sony) which I suppose could be run by the ME side of the house.

I know, there is also a #marvelcomics in the lower right corner.

They could still have some combined stuff with FFH coming out soon. To push the movie.

Even an announcement of an alternate universe story line where Mysterio is good and Spidey bad could have huge influence on the expectations of the movie (that example is kinda stupid I admit, but you get my point :P )

If folks are expecting Kevin Feige to stand in the way of Tom Hardy appearing in a Spidey movie some day, you mighty want to reassess those thoughts given that he think that it "likely at some point".  He also claimed that it was probably up to Sony in his off-the-cuff remarks, so who knows.

Now I wouldn't read too much into that.  But I also wouldn't read nothing into it, either.

• Like 1

So, can Sony make a movie with Spider Man, but played by a new actor?

The trailer for this movie mentions the multiverse. So, we could have a multiverse where there are multiple Spider-Men from different words. Perhaps the Venom movie belongs to a different universe where there's a different Spider Man.

So, things can be worked. Sure, Tom Holland is MCU's Spidey, but the other universe could have a Sony Spidey running around there. 

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

If folks are expecting Kevin Feige to stand in the way of Tom Hardy appearing in a Spidey movie some day, you mighty want to reassess those thoughts given that he think that it "likely at some point".  He also claimed that it was probably up to Sony in his off-the-cuff remarks, so who knows.

Now I wouldn't read too much into that.  But I also wouldn't read nothing into it, either.

The only actual Feige quote in the article is 

I think probably it's up to Sony. Sony has both those characters and, has Venom in their world (emphasis mine). I don't know what their plans are for another Venom or if they’re doing that. But it seems likely at some point.

It sounds to me like this is acknowledging the possibility of Sony adding a Spider-Man to the SUMC, not Tom Hardy Venom appearing in the MCU or with Tom Holland.

• Like 1