CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Posted (edited)

So I didn't even ask for it but someone, not here, told me about the supposed credits spoiler and it really is nothing and yes I do get what it is. Not saying it's good or bad and won't even hint at it so don't ask in PM, and not even going on that people won't like it but it's being very overblown 

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 2

As long as it s not Zendaya killing half of London on a whim ...

• Haha 2

Do with even Toy Story underperforming (albeit much more relatively than everything else), will this prove Marvel's immunity to the Summer Slump we've been seeing?

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Do with even Toy Story underperforming (albeit much more relatively than everything else), will this prove Marvel's immunity to the Summer Slump we've been seeing?

I'm honestly not sure with FFH. I could see a huge breakout performance or it falling below expectations and just squeezing by Homecoming. But I have a good feeling about it.

Personally I think that Endgame will mitigate the slump since it's one of two movies to overperform this summer. 

18 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Pre-sales aren't super encouraging... we'll see, but I wouldn't be surprised at a very small increase from Homecoming but still below a billie

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Pre-sales aren't super encouraging... we'll see, but I wouldn't be surprised at a very small increase from Homecoming but still below a billie

its a six day opening with od day looking at 45-50 , that makes 200 mill six day almost a lock

• Like 1

Far From Home is the promoted film during State of Origin here in Australia tonight. First time the game has been played in Perth.  This game will likely be the most watched TV broadcast of the year so far. 

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Far From Home is the promoted film during State of Origin here in Australia tonight. First time the game has been played in Perth.  This game will likely be the most watched TV broadcast of the year so far. 

thats smart from their part

I don’t know what it is but I’m thinking some of us are over predicting this DOM and WW, I honestly think TLK will eat into this badly and even with the Endgame boost, what does it add for the GA to come other than a new villain. I’m thinking $180M six day/$370M DOM/$925M WA.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I don’t know what it is but I’m thinking some of us are over predicting this DOM and WW

It's not unreasonable considering how well Infinity War & Endgame did, but I can see those predictions being inflated due to the box office high of the aforementioned films. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I don’t know what it is but I’m thinking some of us are over predicting this DOM and WW, I honestly think TLK will eat into this badly and even with the Endgame boost, what does it add for the GA to come other than a new villain. I’m thinking $180M six day/$370M DOM/$925M WA.

Idk I feel that OS total is too low since it's basically staying flat from Homecoming. My DOM guess is around yours though ($380M). But yeah I feel $600M+ OS is pretty doable even with TLK around the corner. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Idk I feel that OS total is too low since it's basically staying flat from Homecoming. My DOM guess is around yours though ($380M). But yeah I feel $600M+ OS is pretty doable even with TLK around the corner. 

I feel like Iron Man was a huge draw for Homecoming. One that I think we forget, I do think IW and Endgame will help but to an extent. I can see $600M OS but I think that’s the ceiling. 

20 minutes ago, TMP said:

It's not unreasonable considering how well Infinity War & Endgame did, but I can see those predictions being inflated due to the box office high of the aforementioned films. 

On the contrary I’m starting to think the MCU might post smaller (but y’know still bigger than everyone) numbers as for a lot of people IW/Endgame felt like the finale. Outside of a few films like GV3, BP2, and A5, I wouldn’t be surprised at more films in the $270M-$330M range than the $400M+ range domestically.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Agree with the first two numbers but I think this will increase more OS than Dom.  Currently your numbers shows a +10% increase dom but just a +1.6% increase OS. TLK will affect it more domestically than OS where Spidey has a better chance of a bigger increase. 

Especially in Asian countries where Spidey is already very popular plus Endgame brought a LOT of new people into MCU in Asian countries plus TLK is not that big here. Perhaps the same with Latin countries as well.  

Presale numbers from China for example are already showing a bigger OW than SMH and more than likely a bigger total as well (how much bigger depends on the reception). 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Agree with the first two numbers but I think this will increase more OS than Dom.  Currently your numbers shows a +10% increase dom but just a +1.6% increase OS. TLK will affect it more domestically than OS where Spidey has a better chance of a bigger increase. 

Especially in Asian countries where Spidey is already very popular plus Endgame brought a LOT of new people into MCU in Asian countries plus TLK is not that big here. Perhaps the same with Latin countries as well.  

Presale numbers from China for example are already showing a bigger OW than SMH and more than likely a bigger total as well (how much bigger depends on the reception). 

True but Feng once said TLK had the potential for $300M in China. As for FFH, I do admit my OS total are a bit on the low side but I think anything over $1.1B or even $1.05B is on the side of overprediction.

This is also assuming Lion King isn't hit by this slump as well. Which is not a given, especially since Lion King is very, very clearly trying to hide how the animals look when they talk in all the promotions. If the talking doesn't look good that could hurt it.

A modest 15% increase gets it over $1bn.

It could go up or down.

Be interesting to see the numbers to gauge how the interest in the MCU is going to go, with the first entry in a post EG world.