CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

I watched this yesterday and all I can say is this movie definitely crushed Homecoming in every aspect. Acting , Action , Plot , Romance , Directing and so on. The romance also very relatable for me ☺️ Which is a big plus. I also can confirm that this is the Spider-Man movie that deserves to get that $1B milestone other than All of Raimy trilogy ( yes , Even SM 3 ). Lastly, among the phase 3 MCU I would put this at 3rd behind both Avengers. A big improvement from HMC where I put it somewhere in the bottom. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

For those who want to compare, as neither BOM nor The numbers are showing all.   

Roughly:

TS4 +11%

ACH -12%

Yday: +50% (is there some rounding here, or updated Wed number?)

Aladdin +16%

EG +36%

Well, at least in Florida, that could be because it’s  so damned HOT, heat indexes over 100, people wanting that sweet AC.

Just got back. Mid credit scene is awesome, although not what I was expecting. Even the post credit scene was great. 

- Some of the sequences in the movie were incredible. Some of the best I have seen in a SH movie. 

- Jake is great

- First act is a bit slow, second act is the best

- Tom Holland is the best Spidey. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

do we have final numbers for ffh and other movies or not yet ? ( sorry ,i was away for the last 4 hours so i dont know)

July 4th numbers

Sony_Spiderman_FFH.png: $25.1mn

Disney_ToyStory4_Woody_v2.png: $7.8mn

Yesterday: $2.8mn

WB_Annabelle_3_v2.png: $1.75mn

Disney_Aladdin_2019.png: $1.6mn

Avengers_Endgame_2019.png: $0.785mn

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Can we now lay Flop jokes to rest even if it drops after holidays (which is perfectly normal)? FFH is killing it. As does EG. :bravo:

All in all as people have said before this is a great time to be a Spider-Man fan especially in the past year or so.

• Like 1

SMH had a 154.2 6-day (no holidays but had Thu previews) and did 2.17x that dom.

FFH will have sequelitis unless reception is largely better than SMH and the holiday boost will counter absence of preview-frontloading.

2.0-2.1x with 175-185 6-day gives 350-388.5 dom.

Either way it's gonna be the 1st Spidey sequel to beat it's predecessor. TS7RtYa.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

July 4th numbers

Sony_Spiderman_FFH.png: $25.1mn (-7%)

Disney_ToyStory4_Woody_v2.png: $7.8mn (+4%)

Yesterday: $2.8mn (+40%)

WB_Annabelle_3_v2.png: $1.75mn (-18.5%)

Disney_Aladdin_2019.png: $1.6mn (+3.3%)

Avengers_Endgame_2019.png: $0.785mn (+25.7%)

Edited by PKMLover

11 minutes ago, a2k said:

SMH had a 154.2 6-day (no holidays but had Thu previews) and did 2.17x that dom.

FFH will have sequelitis unless reception is largely better than SMH and the holiday boost will counter absence of preview-frontloading.

2.0-2.1x with 175-185 6-day gives 350-388.5 dom.

Either way it's gonna be the 1st Spidey sequel to beat it's predecessor. TS7RtYa.png

the one thing that could help is the fact that hc dropped 62% on its sec weekend ,sequel or not i dont see this drop more than that, i would say that it could drop better than hc in its sec weekend

32 minutes ago, john2000 said:

the one thing that could help is the fact that hc dropped 62% on its sec weekend ,sequel or not i dont see this drop more than that, i would say that it could drop better than hc in its sec weekend

considering this one released on tue and burnt off 91+ worth of demand even before the ow started, a 2nd weekend drop of only 50% can be expected.

ASM1 dropped 44% in the 2nd weekend but did 1.9x it's 6-day dom. even using 280 dom for the sake of argument instead of 262 owing to competition from TDRK, it's ~2.05x the 6-day.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

what a boring weekend. left zero interest in tracking after watching the film. waiting for May 2021 film.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 1

1 minute ago, a2k said:

considering this one released on tue and burnt off 91+ worth of demand even before the ow started, a 2nd weekend drop of only 50% can be expected. ASM1 dropped 44% in the 2nd weekend.

if that so then depending from the six day opening we are looking at anything between 40-50 ( i gave a range didnt say that it will happen) , that sec weekend, would be better than hc in terms of % and almost on par in raw numbers,  after that it depends just how much lion king will affect it, i think a range or 350-400 dom is fair, (yeah i know 400 seems hard but as you said, to hit that number it would need a multi like hc, 2,17 which is not impossible depending on how the 3 weekends will fair, for all the money that hc made, its first  3 weekends drops arent something that ffh couldnt match

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

what a boring weekend. left zero interest in tracking after watching the film. waiting for May 2021 film.

i dont believe that the quality of a movie, should affect your tracking, i may not like a  film but a box office run is a different thing,

• Not Cool 1

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

What's in May 2021?

21 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah yeah yeah, we all know that you disagree with the majority opinion that the movie is great, as suggested by the 97% tomato score. Your point is now taken. No need to repeat it for a hundred times.

• Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

25 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Thank you for your service Charlie. We look forward to your return in summer 2021.

Image result for captain america salute gif

• Haha 2