CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Posted (edited)
Just now, Geo1500 said:

Spiderman made 1B yuan 

wleye652nn831.jpg

Edit: thougt I was in the weekend thread

Asgard is not about a place, it is about the people (where the asgardians are).

Edited by justvision
Edit: posted before I saw Zatt's similar post
  • Haha 1

https://deadline.com/2019/07/spider-man-far-from-home-record-promo-campaign-audi-united-airlines-dr-pepper-doritos-1202643198/

“There is an accessibility and cool factor that makes Spider-Man the greatest superhero in the world, and we embraced this by working with promotional partners to not only break records, but more importantly to create breakthrough creative executions,” said Godsick, EVP of Brand Strategy and Global Partnerships. “Each promotional partnership program delivers at least one publicity or marketing extension that gives fans a more immersive and interactive experience, or something never done before.”

Among those brands tubthumping Far From Home is returning Marvel partner Audi. They worked on Endgame with Disney displaying their Audi e-tron Sportback concept and Audi e-tron GT vehicles, while on Homecoming they showcased the Audi A8 luxury sedan. Similar to Sony’s Homecoming, Audi is both a promotional and product placement partner. Audi vehicle placement in Far From Homeincludes the all-new, electric Audi e-tron SUV and the all-new Audi A7 and Audi Q8. As part of the team-up with Far From Home, the German car manufacturer released the digital short “Science Fair,” which features Peter Parker (Tom Holland) and his best friend Ned (Jacob Batalon), who conspire to come up with a winning project and stumble upon the perfect scientific advancement, the Audi e-tron GT.

With Spider-Man: Far From Home raking in cash, I find it hard to believe that Avi Arad’s malign influence will ever be felt in the MCU Spider-Man franchise. Sony would be all kinds of stupid to ever allow that. And by the way, for the love of all that is sacred, once Morbius and Venom 2 bombs, just let Kevin Feige to take care of fucking EVERYTHING.

Jon Watts can already be crown the best Spider-Man director of all time.

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 5

1 minute ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

Venom 2 bombs

doubt.

1 minute ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

double doubt.

6 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

After 15 generic shot-reverse-shot dialogue scenes in a row and absolutely zero creative flair or style, absolutely not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

The costume design team at Marvel Studios should consider hiring this guy for future Spider-Man movies. He can make the lenses move without CGI, and it looks pretty good!

• Like 1

The Marvel universe dodged a bullet here. The original Sony/Marvel/Spidey deal to co-produce these movies stipulated that if this Spidey cleared a billion, Marvel would get to oversee a third. If it hadn’t, full control would have reverted back to Sony, which raised the specter that America’s Most Beloved Entertainment Executive would look to cash in/out every way possible, as well as grab complete unexpurgated credit for the victory and thrown superhero canon to the wind. (Not something he was ever a fan of in the first place). It was feared he would have tossed Spidey and Venom together for a quickie mash-up that very potentially could’ve sunk both.

https://theankler.com/bullets-over-the-box-office-spidey-spidey-spidey-ho/

That explains the Spidey teaser attached to the AEG expansion (as well as the trailer weeks before).  I knew Marvel/Disney got a bonus if it hit certain B.O. milestones but this is the first time I heard of the  One Billion clause for #2 and reversion.

AMBEE - Rothman :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Now I'm wondering what the odds are that this'll beat SM1's $403M domestic haul.  It's got at least a 50/50 chance at this point, I think.  Gonna be close either way.

Beating SM1 but failing to become Sony’s #1 movie would be really funny, if only for how unlikely it is. 

Spoiler for Venom v Spider-Man: Dawn of Sony

Spoiler

Eddie: You are a false ironman.

Eddie: Marvel has the power to wipe out the entire Sony. Even if there's one percent chance that they are our enemy, I have to take them in absolute certainty.

Eddie: Twenty years in Sony. How many superhero films are left? How many stay that way?

Venom: Tell me, do you...

Venom: You are not brave, Eddie is brave.

Spidey: Mar...Marvel...
Venom: What did you say that name?(Venom recall every details he was lost from Marvel)

Venom: Tonight, Marvel alive.

• Haha 1

Dropping into this thread to say WOW!  I may have to move Captain America's crew down a notch on the best supers franchise going right now.  My review is in the Tuesday thread, but damn, this movie is great!:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Spider-Man rankings after thinking about the film some more:

Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man 

Homecoming

Spider-Man 3

FFH

TASM

TASM 2

The MCU films just haven't felt quiet like Spider-Man films for me.  They are missing a lot of the depth and substance the Raimi films had.  I will say thought that FFH was probably the funniest of the bunch.  I hope the next MCU Spidey film can feel like an independent Spiderman film. 

Edited by Knights of Ren
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

Spider-Man rankings after thinking about the film some more:

Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man 

Homecoming

Spider-Man 3

FFH

TASM

TASM 2

The MCU films just haven't felt quiet like Spider-Man films for me.  They are missing a lot of the depth and substance the Raimi films had.  I will say thought that FFH was probably the funniest of the bunch.  I hope the next MCU Spidey film can feel like an independent Spiderman film. 

Oh hey, my exact ranking.

• Like 1

Thanks to FFH, I like Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 much more now. I rewatched both Raimi movies and Spider-Man 2 has probably become one of my favourite films of all time. The way both movies deal with the burden of being a superhero while still having a positive outlook towards humanity and community is amazing (especially considering how other films like BvS go down the depressing, objectivist standpoint while trying to deal with it). I also realised how much the older movies emphasised on Peter's working class life. It's funny considering how a working class man is the villain in Homecoming.

Sucks that that the MCU Spider-man movies cant say something as real and meaningful as the Raimi ones(they don't have to since they are still fun films but they still feel empty without it)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2019 at 12:40 AM, Lucas said:

After 15 generic shot-reverse-shot dialogue scenes in a row and absolutely zero creative flair or style, absolutely not.

THANK YOU, fuck, that's a problem that applies to the entire MCU imo, aside from a few all CG shots here and there in a few of them, it's so BORING and flat visually. The interchangeable, assembly line, directors are like guests on TV series aspect is so blatant, and part of it is also that all of them are shot digitally and god, I invite you guys to go rewatch the first two IM and first Thor film and TIH if you don't believe me. 

They weren't lookers but they looked far more interesting until Marvel switched completely to digital, ugh. Anyway, Raimi still remains king imo (and his set pieces, man) but Webb has a great eye too, TASM2 especially (where he went back to film, which he wanted to do on TASM until the studio mandated native 3D, and could move the camera more) is imo the most beautifully shot SM film (Dan Mindel helps :D) just above SM2 and 3.

About the MCU Spidey films not feeling like ones, that's right on the money. They don't have any of the heart, soul and vision of the Raimi AND the Webb films. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 2

My updated top Spider-Man films list;

1. Spider-Man: Far From Home A+

2. Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse A+

3. Spider-Man: Homecoming A

4. Spider-Man 2 A

5. The Amazing Spider-Man B

6. Spider-Man B-

7. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 C

8. Spider-Man 3 C-

FFH - HC