CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

BOT's Law: Every thread, no matter what topic, will eventually devolve into a ranking thread.

• Haha 5

SM 2

SM 1

SM: HC

SM: FFH

ASM 

SM3 

ASM2

still haven't seen spiderverse 🙂

And for God sake , what is the thing that MCU spidey has no heart??

still prefer the first 2 raimi movies because of the way he showed peter Parker life, struggles and responsibilities (specially in the second movie)

When it comes to best Spidey, I will give it to Holland tho, his performance is incredible.

I'm sorry but I have to laugh any time anyone talks about the depth and substance of Raimi's movies. Those movies are so cliche to me now, they really have not aged well imo. About the only scenes that hold up or standout (outside of the action) is the "he's just a kid" scene and Aunt May's speech. Almost everything else is corny and/or cliche. That certainly applies to the MJ/Spidey relationship, which is just bad, frankly. The lead female character and romance being the worst part of a franchise is a big stain for me, especially when it's supposed to be iconic. 

I much prefer both MCU movies, Holland's Spidey and Zendaya as MJ over the other live-action versions. Although, Garfield as Spidey and Peter/Gwen are still pretty good as well. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Not Cool 2

10 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

the MJ/Spidey relationship

I can't agree on everything you said, but omg this relationship was Terrible by all means and they way it ended in the third movie wasn't good

Probably the biggest weakness in the raimi triology, other than that the first 2 are just fantastic.

• Like 2

That relationship wasn't terrible by any means. Nothing beats Peter/Gwen in the TASM films imo, obvious insane chemistry and her death scene is heartbreaking.

1. SM2

2. TASM2

3. SM

4. TASM

5. ITSV

6. SM3

7. FFH

8. HC

• Not Cool 1

16 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

I can't agree on everything you said, but omg this relationship was Terrible by all means and they way it ended in the third movie wasn't good

Probably the biggest weakness in the raimi triology, other than that the first 2 are just fantastic.

Yeah it was just so bad across all 3 movies, MJ seems to be constantly cheating on whoever she's with or attempting to like wtf? And Peter seems to love her pretty much for her looks yet it's treated as some grand romance. 

Ranking:

Verse - 10/10

FFH - 9.5/10

Homecoming - 9/10

2 - 8/10

1 - 8/10

ASM - 7/10

3 - 6/10 (only for the street dance scene which I unironically love)

ASM2 - 5/10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

The MCU's problem is they are not letting Spider-Man be at the foreront of his own films.  As someone who is a bigger Spider-Man fan than MCU fan, this has been a let down.  Spider-Man is constantly in the shadow of Iron-Man, instead of just letting Peter Parker/Spidey develop on his own.  I really hope with the next film we can let it become more of an independent film instead of feeling like just another set piece to keep the MCU moving forward.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 9:57 PM, Menor said:

Ranking:

Verse - 10/10

FFH - 9.5/10

Homecoming - 9/10

2 - 8/10

1 - 8/10

ASM - 7/10

3 - 6/10 (only for the street dance scene which I unironically love)

ASM2 - 5/10

giphy.gif 

giphy.gif 

That's right 😎 

Edited by Waffles
Replaced a non-working gif
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

The MCU's problem is they are not letting Spider-Man be at the foreront of his own films.  As someone who is a bigger Spider-Man fan than MCU fan, this has been a let down.  Spider-Man is constantly in the shadow of Iron-Man, instead of just letting Peter Parker/Spidey develop on his own.  I really hope with the next film we can let it become more of an independent film instead of feeling like just another set piece to keep the MCU moving forward.  

I don't see how he's in the shadow of Iron Man, Tony was a mentor figure to him but his character arc has been very much his own. I don't see why it's such a sticking point to some that Spider-Man could be mentored by another hero, especially since they're focusing on his teenage years much more than the other Spider-Man movies did.

• Like 6

Ranking 

Spiderman 2

Spiderman Homecoming 

Spiderman

Spiderman into the spiderverse

The amazing Spider-Man 

Spiderman 3

Spider-Man Far From Home 

The amazing Spider-Man 2

2 hours ago, TMP said:

BOT's Law: Every thread, no matter what topic, will eventually devolve into a ranking thread.

It's inevitable

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d2603796a746a7641

This version of Spidey exists in the MCU, not in his own independent universe. This presents a lot of opportunities to differentiate it from the previous movies including interactions with other super hero movies. It would be weird not to have IM as the mentor/ father figure seeing that it was him that got him involved into the superhero stuff and made his suit. It just wouldnt make sense. Not to mention the fact that Marvel made an incredible arc out of the Tony/Peter relationship which we wouldnt have otherwise gotten in a stand alone universe. This is how it is in the comics and this is how it is supposed to be in a connected universe. 

And if someone wants the same old and see Spidey on his own, then they can go and watch the older movies but I am glad this version is different than the ones that came before. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

As someone whose favorite incarnations of Spider-Man are the Ultimate comics line and the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series, the MCU version hits the mark pretty solidly. Peter has always interacted a LOT with the extended universe. Like a lot a lot.

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 1

This is peak what I don’t like about Marvel and I would almost put it under Thor 2 if not for Jake Gyllenhaal. Martin Starr was alright in it too. Not much else as far as redeeming qualities

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Permanent Magnet said:

SM 2

SM 1

SM: HC

SM: FFH

ASM 

SM3 

ASM2

still haven't seen spiderverse 🙂

And for God sake , what is the thing that MCU spidey has no heart??

still prefer the first 2 raimi movies because of the way he showed peter Parker life, struggles and responsibilities (specially in the second movie)

When it comes to best Spidey, I will give it to Holland tho, his performance is incredible.

For, SM2 is the best but it's the only non-MCU Spider-man movie to do it better than they have. 

SM2

Homecoming

Far From Home

SM1

ASM

SM3

ASM2

Edited by tonytr87

Posted (edited)

I do not like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 as a whole, but the opening scene with him quipping and being a wiseass to the villains like in the classic comics belonged in a better movie. Preferably one without The Itsy-Bitsy Spider reimagined as dubstep.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

Idk if anyone posted this, but it kinda explains stuff like why some characters are so different from their comic book incarnations.

Posted (edited)

Watched this last Wednesday. I would have to watch FFH another couple of times to do a definite ranking for MCU and definite ranking for Spider-Man films. I would say anywhere between #6 and #9 for MCU films, and definitely above both ASM films, and SM3 (and probably) SM1 (and possibly) Homecoming. I really enjoyed the film. LOVED the post credits scenes.

I also read on Facebook earlier today that if it doesn't cross a billion that Marvel Studios could regain full control. Don't know how true that is, has anybody here heard of such a thing?

Edited by cheesypoofs

29 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I also read on Facebook earlier today that if it doesn't cross a billion that Marvel Studios could regain full control. Don't know how true that is, has anybody here heard of such a thing?

This claim has been floating around recently. I think it's probably BS, but it doesn't really matter and we'll never really know, because it's passing 1B with ease.

• Like 3