CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

On 7/14/2019 at 12:10 AM, Doctor Stark said:

These Iron Man Jr. arguments make no sense to me. The kid became Spider-Man at 15, and is still only 16. Of course he will initially follow closely in Tony’s footsteps. He’s already rapidly becoming his own independent superhero. Any faster progression and these same people would call him a Mary Sue. I’m sure if Tony didn’t help him out early on many would be asking why he isn’t helping Peter and how it ruins the shared universe by not having a lot of interaction between characters. Peter already learned a valuable lesson in Far From Home: the world does not need the next Iron Man, it needs the first Spider-Man. I’m super happy we got this great and unique relationship for Spider-Man before we see him become the Spidey we all know and love. Makes the journey more rewarding and fun to look back upon as we see Peter progress as a character.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d2fabc04e6d7a6a77

So where does everyone see the worldwide total landing?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Right between Captain Marvel and Civil War, 390-400 DOM, 1.13-1.14B. 

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Low-medium 1.1s, like O/U CM

• Like 1

Poor Spidey 3 not being able to join in on the Phase 4 fun until Sony decides when to announce it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Poor Spidey 3 not being able to join in on the Phase 4 fun until Sony decides when to announce it.

Sony will do its own announcement thing I guess. It's coming, but hopefully not in 2021. Give it at least another year of space and release in July 2022.

This is now at $319.9M domestic and $971M worldwide. It's already the highest grossing Spider-Man movie worldwide but - Finally! - we're going to get a billion dollar Spider-Man movie.

Still doesn't hold a candle to the Raimi movies personally but I did enjoy it. I'm just glad it's doing so well overseas.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

nvm

Edited by SLAM!

Posted (edited)

nvm.

Edited by JB33

9 minutes ago, JB33 said:

When do you plan on seeing it SLAM?

I saw it a week ago... I thought this was the spoiler thread and posted that by accident.

1 hour ago, SLAM! said:

I saw it a week ago... I thought this was the spoiler thread and posted that by accident.

That explains why I was sort of confused by your post lol.

Posted (edited)

I saw here in italy the movie is distributed by Warner Bros Italy. They bought all the sony-columbia movies, so also M.I.B and Once upon a time in hollywood are warner movies here. 

Edited by maxalcamo

10 hours ago, SLAM! said:

Might want to edit that spoiler out immediately...

33 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Might want to edit that spoiler out immediately...

Yeah...

@JB33 I'm gonna put a "nvm" in place of my spoiler--if you could edit your post and replace my quote with "nvm" too, that'd be great. We don't want anyone to see the spoiler.

On 7/23/2019 at 7:13 AM, SLAM! said:

Yeah...

@JB33 I'm gonna put a "nvm" in place of my spoiler--if you could edit your post and replace my quote with "nvm" too, that'd be great. We don't want anyone to see the spoiler.

Right. That was silly that I didn't pick up on that before. That whole thing was a brain fart for both of us lol.

• Haha 1

So this is up to approx. $692.4M overseas! Tremendous overseas performance and shows that Marvel mania isn't slowing down, even after the mega conclusion to the Infinity Saga that was Avengers: Endgame. I guess I'm not saying anything too noteworthy, but I had always wondered if overseas audiences would take a collective breather after EG. Even though lots more exciting stuff is coming from Marvel, it can be easy to feel like EG was truly the end, not just the end of one saga.

Since Feige said they had 11 projects coming up in two years (and then clarified that this did NOT include Blade) in Phase 4, it seems likely that they'll be announcing the third soon, likely in July 2021.